Thursday, August 3, 2023

SERAPHINA AT WALNEY POND - DOGGY FIX FOR TODAY

 

Let me introduce you to Seraphina.  I met her at Walney Pond the other day.  She was sitting on the boardwalk with her human, and they were looking in the same direction, very focused on something they had seen in the pond.  I had a feeling I knew what it was, as we had come for the same hopeful sighting.

Her lady human looked up at me and smiled.  Without me saying a word my expression must have asked the question. She volunteered what they were looking at.  But first I asked lady human permission to say hello to her dog, who was already making her way over to me for a head rub and an ear scratch.  I readily gave her those. 

I learned this sweet little dog had not been very well of late. Lady human told me they had just come back from the vet.  After chatting for 10 minutes or so, we said our goodbyes. Feel better soon Seraphina, and I gave her another gentle hug and an ear scratch.  I took this photo when they were leaving. We then walked down the path to a bench shaded by lots of overhanging, leaf-laden branches.  An idyllic spot to look at all the activity on the pond.  We sat and waited.

I think the name Seraphina is beautiful by the way. It fit our new furry friend like an old-fashioned lace glove.

And from this website called nameberry.com I learned “Seraphina is one of the most-searched for names on nameberry, destined for even greater popularity. 

The highest-ranking angels, the six-winged seraphim, inspired the lovely name Seraphina, which was brought into the contemporary spotlight when chosen by high-profile parents Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck for their second daughter, following the influential choice of Violet for their first.” 

Our Seraphina from the pond was definitely a little Angel.

What do you think we saw?  I will be sharing those photos the day after my recipe post, or thereabouts.




38 comments:

  1. Poor doggie. I hope the vet helped her. My guess is turtles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ginny :) strangely there were no turtles visible when we were there. I love to see them.

      Delete
  2. Seraphina must have seen a friendly dog-loving spirit in you. I'm sure you gave her a happy memory of this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... And my mother's English name is Violet. My grandfather liked that name because he liked the color and it's humble silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, I never knew that. Your grandfather chose well, it is a beautiful name :)

      Delete
  4. Have no idea what you saw Denise, will have to wait till you tell.
    Sad when dogs are not well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I hope she got something from the vet that made her feel better :) you will see it soon Margaret. It will be in my next post.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy Thursaday love from Europe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you were able to chat to Seraphina - and hope she feels much better soon.
    My guess is turtles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I see her there again Sue, she was such a little sweetheart :) Hopefully she will be feeling better. No turtles seen today 🐢

      Delete
  7. That's an interesting name and I've never heard it before. Hope that sweet pup is feeling better and enjoyed her day out.
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone was looking at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Ann. I seem to remember it from somewhere back in the old brain box, but maybe it’s a case of deja vu. Can’t wait to share what we saw. That post is set to publish at midnight :)

      Delete
  8. I love the name Seraphina and this sweet story of your encounter, my friend. Perhaps there are turtles getting ready to get their solar power in this lovely pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s beautiful isn’t it? So glad you enjoyed. I am sure the turtles are there Martha Ellen, but I saw none on this visit :) xo

      Delete
  9. Seraphina is a lovely name for the dog, a cutie . I hope the dog feels better.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t agree more Eileen :) and me too. You take care and enjoy your day also.

      Delete
  10. Serafina to piękne imię. Myślę, że widzieliście żabkę pływającą po wodzie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zgadzam się, to piękne imię :) Znakomite przypuszczenie, ale ja nie widziałam tego dnia żab. Odpowiedź zostanie opublikowana o północy. Życzę bardzo udanego weekendu :)

      Delete
  11. Serafina is a sweet name. Thanks for the suspense about what you saw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am glad you are enjoying my guessing game, thank you Ellen :)

      Delete
  12. That is a new name to me. Seraphina looks like she is getting up there in years. I hope she is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to hear this name. It has been years since I last heard it. I was told Seraphina was 14 years old. I hope she is well now also.

      Delete
  13. i am guessing you were waiitng for otters? beavers?? maybe turtles? I can tell Serafina is very old just looking at her. i felt sadness when I saw her photo. she is precious. I always go straight for the dogs, no matter what is around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are a good guesser Sandra. The answer will be on here at midnight. I thought you would and yes, so precious. We both gravitate towards dogs don’t we? :)

      Delete
  14. seraphina, i have never heard that name before, but it is indeed beautiful!! i thought she was a service dog, their harness is always red!! i'll bet they were looking/for frogs...with all those lily pads, there had to be so many!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed her name Debbie :) That’s interesting, I never thought of that. I saw no service dog sign this time, unless she is retired. Good guess, frogs and lily pads go together. I hope you will come back for the answer in my next post :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Great! So glad, the answer will be on here soon :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!