Monday, November 27, 2023

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - TORTILLA BREAKFAST WITH EGGS, SPINACH, CHEESE, TOMATOES.

These recipes are everywhere so you might have something similar in your own repertoire. I made another like this one here.  I saw today’s at Instagram, not sure by whom as I lost it before identifying.  I tried to find it again doing a search on the website but came up with what I am sharing.  It is almost identical to the one I saw originally.  Very simple!


Made for 1 (easily multiplied)

Avocado spray

2 eggs, whisked

1 or 2 ounces of cheese (I grabbed a handful of already grated mozzarella)

Spinach leaves, stem ends picked off (personal choice and also the quantity depends on how much you like spinach - I like it and put on as much as the tortilla would accommodate)

1 medium tomato, sliced thinly


Pour your whisked eggs into a medium to hot frying pan that has been coated with Avocado spray (or olive oil).  The eggs should be approximately the same diameter as your tortilla.

Immediately top with spinach leaves, and on top of the eggs and spinach, place the medium-sized tortilla.

Flip over so that your eggs and spinach are now on the top and tortilla is on the bottom.  

Place tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the mozzarella.  If you find your tortilla browning too much, turn down the heat a tad and cover for a minute or two so that the cheese melts and the tomatoes are still firm but warmed through.

When cheese has melted, fold tortilla over in the pan, lift onto your serving plate and that's it.  

This is very nice sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro  I didn’t have any available as this was a last minute idea for breakfast.

You can add any favorite cheese and toppings.  Add salt if you like (I found it was fine without) and pepper to taste.   

My dear other half would add Siracha or some other hot sauce.  I do at other times, I just wanted it plain today.

I am thinking of adding sliced avocado and green onions (or diced sweet onions) when I feel like this again.

This is in our make-again folder.  It was very tasty.


Thanks for looking and have a great week.






36 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, Denise! Thanks for sharing. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen and you are very welcome. You take care and have a wonderful week also :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that looks good. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks to be Habit Forming!! Lolol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmmmmmmmmm and yummmmmmmmmmm again. I make these but not with spinach/tomato, just eggs and cheese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's the reaction I love. That would be good without the spinach and tomato. Thanks Sandra :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't had breakfast yet -- now I'm wishing I had all those ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Jeanie :) but I know you will enjoy your breakfast.

      Delete
  6. Denise, this looks delicious! Thank you for sharing. Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo, you are very welcome and you have a cozy day also :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Smiling here, glad you think so Jenn. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, I am thinking of having it for supper tonight :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Happy you think so Jan, all the best to you too :)

      Delete
  10. It looks good and delicious Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely wonderful, Denise. I drove through this morning and bought a breakfast burrito, which is always good. Ooooo, Mozzarella cheese, that makes it.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of it Sheri :) I fixed it again for our lunch today and think it is still just as yummy. Those drive-thru breakfast burrito's are yummy too. You've given me an idea for our next trip out. I will be looking like a burrito at this rate but they are so good ;)

      Delete
  12. Can't go wrong with tortillas and eggs with extras!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!