Friday, November 17, 2023

THIS AND THAT - NOVEMBER

I really love some of these pictures I find at Pinterest.  The bear almost looks like he is thinking, "It's been one of those days!"

The Tufted Titmouse is looking as if it just asked us a question and is waiting for the answer.
I was trying to think of what I wanted for lunch.  Gregg was out of the house for most of the day and I decided to fix myself a pork sandwich - yes, from the accidentally bought 8 lb. piece of pork!  I put 2 ozs. on Italian bread, and a little coleslaw on the side.  The dear man made the coleslaw earlier. Neither of us have had much success buying it at the store lately.  It always seems too soupy, or maybe we are just super-picky.  This homemade version was excellent and suited our taste perfectly.  Another win for the dear man I told him.  The rest of the pork is now in the freezer. 
A couple of hours later I made this for a treat, a chocolate chip cookie for one, with a 1/4 cup of vanilla ice-cream on the top.  It's a recipe I have made maybe only once since that first one.  I added walnuts this time instead of pecans.
You can find it at this link if you think you would enjoy it.  I took more photos, dressing my plate up for Fall.  A little ‘busy’ perhaps but I liked it. This year I bought some decorative leaves for our Thanksgiving table, which I added to the plate.  The placemats we have had for a couple of years. I got carried away with all the colors and made a little art with my ArtCard app.
But here’s the finished product, and it really was delicious.


Love these!
I'm adding a little humor because I know we've all been there.

Sharing some of my favorite flowers.  I will be buying them next week. I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here!
This is a lovely poem and describes my feelings exactly.  When we drove to the Shenandoah National Park the other day, we passed trees that were shedding their leaves in every neighborhood.  They decorated the gardens beautifully, and some of the grass showing was still green, not dormant, a real pretty contrast to the red and gold fallen leaves.  A lot of people will be busy raking over the next few days.
Wouldn’t this be a pretty table setting at Thanksgiving?

Interesting owl art.  I like this.  I love owls!



That's all for today's This and That.  I hope there is something in here that you like.











36 comments:

  1. There is something here for everyone. Your captions for the animal photos are spot-on! I love your fall place setting, and it is not too much color at all. It replicates the God-made brilliant colors of fall. A lovely poem. And I think my favorite is the cartoon about being put on hold. too true! They always say "We value your call". But apparently not enough to hire enough people to answer their phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this Ginny. I loved your description of them all. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the beauty you share - with each and every post. Loved that please hold funny. We have indeed all been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, I am happy you enjoy them so much. Yes, we certainly have been there :)

      Delete
  3. I just love all the pictures you found. I can't even pick a favorite. They are all wonderful.
    Your dessert sure does look tasty. Just the right size too.
    That poem is perfect. It describes exactly how I feel about fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, so glad you enjoy what I share :)

      Delete
  4. I love it all! Especially the flowers on the table...
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Donna, thank you and you have a happy weekend also. Sending hugs :)

      Delete
  5. The critter and owl images are so cute, I loved them. The flowers and poem are lovely!
    Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you though so Eileen, thank you :) I wish you the same.

      Delete
  6. That Titmouse is very cute. And you are right, it looks like it just asked a question, like "Do you have any food?" But the real question is, how does one accidently buy 8lbs of pork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim and Barb, and you would have to ask my husband that question, lol!

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of chocolate chip cookie for one -- because if there are more, consider them gone. The ice cream on top is a decadent bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, I like them too if I get a sweet-tooth thing going on. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often, but it's great portion control :)

      Delete
  8. That looks like a rich desert. Yum! I like your lifestyle, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the table is beautiful but i would put that boquet somewhere else, i love talking and could not see the people on the other side. that bear is precious and hilarious. can't wait to see the flowers you buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sandra, I would remove the flowers before sitting down for a meal. I would substitute a longer but smaller in height flower arrangement. Thanks for the input :) I will take a photo of the flowers and share at a later date.

      Delete
  10. Love that poem and all the fun things you are sharing today. Did you share Gregg's successful recipe for coleslaw? I'm still looking for a good one. The last recipe I made I ended up throwing it out. :( Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, I should get him to tell me how to make that coleslaw. It's a simple one he said :)

      Delete
  11. Very lovely. Now I'm ready for the holiday as well. Aloha, D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel just like that bear after raking tons of leaves, Denise. Your dessert sure would make me happy--yum! And the Thanksgiving table looks beautiful. We agree with you on the soupy coleslaw that's available now--so nice your dear made some to your liking. Have a happy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, a lot of us seem to relate to that bear :) The color combination of the flowers was wonderful! We are kind of fussy on our coleslaw. Hubby was the first I was able to eat for a long time, and all very simple ingredients. I think it was the tiny amount of mayo added that did the trick. As for the dessert it really does fit the bill :)

      Delete
  13. Bear looks so cute and exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been eating all those salmon and berries :)

      Delete
  14. Happy Fall, Denise! You've just made my mouth water with that ice cream and cookie photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay and I'm happy you enjoyed. Happy Fall to you also :)

      Delete
  15. I really enjoyed this post.
    Sending early good wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad, thank you Jan. I am late getting round to answering everyone's comments but we did have a wonderful Thanksgiving. All the best :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!