Tuesday, November 21, 2023

THIS AND THAT, WITH A FEW WISE WORDS

 I have always been a fan of Charlie Brown, especially Snoopy who has made it on my Christmas Tree in ornament form a few times.  I have actually decorated the trees.  I started early this year as I wanted them done for Thanksgiving, a smaller one in the family room and the larger one in the front room.  It was nice and leisurely and thoroughly enjoyed.  We have artificial trees these days.  The boys brought them up from the basement a week ago.

It reminded me I wanted to share a moon photo I took the other night.  Ginny has taken some amazing ones and she inspired me to take this one.  Like Snoopy’s moon, this was also crescent shaped.  Thank you Ginny!  (Added note: Please visit Ginny, I just came back from her blog and she needs lots of hugs and prayers right now.)



I like this version the best and it's a crop of the above.  I will be practicing more.
This following I turned into a painting with my ArtCard app.  The original on my iPhone wasn't that great.  
All my graphics are from Pinterest.  It satisfies my need for the visual feel-goods.

 Yes, I laughed at this one. 

Beautiful!

A sweet little girl with a radiant smile.

A bit frowny but the little darling is adorable and I know she's smiling underneath!








Living in hope as always, Pollyanna that I am.

This is another Pollyanna, she's living in hope too.



And I hope you don’t feel this way but just in case. 


And now it’s time to say…


Of course, it’s all in my head as the dragonflies have gone a-sleepy until next summer.  In the meantime, I will find something else to do.

Thanks always and hope your day is a great one, and especially thinking of you today Ginny.






24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beauty and the wisdom. My heart goes out to your friend Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue and appreciate your comment about Ginny.

      Delete
  2. Loved the photos and quotes. I especially like the quote from William Gladstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts have been therapeutic for a tortured soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to say, thank you Roentare :)

      Delete
  4. Love all these pictures. I have that same feeling about enough adulting. Maybe while the dragonflies are away for the winter the fairies will come out and play...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent moon shot! good job. i love snoopy and all his friends and have a Charlie Brown tree. if i were a tattoo type person, I would get the one about MY FACE on my arm to remind me that my face says everything I think. I even got reprimanded about my face my my manager once. I let the five C people see what I was thinking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that was a fun scroll with lots to smile at. Thank you, Denise. I'll click over to Ginny now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Ellen and thank you :) Ginny will appreciate the visit at this time I know :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely thoughts as always here, Denise! I'm always smiling when I visit you, my friend. Your moon shots are beautiful. I must go over to visit your friend Ginny. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to say Martha Ellen, thank you so much for those and for your Thanksgiving greetings. I look forward to reading about yours when you have the time :)

      Delete
  8. Good post, I never needed a mood ring either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, a kindred spirit, lol! Thanks Christine :)

      Delete
  9. A collection of lovely photographs all made with love. When I was Young I was too a fan of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. They had very good short graphic and comic stories. Good stories for to have nice moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed and happy you are a fan also :) I agree about Charlie Brown and Snoopy :)

      Delete
  10. What a delightful, uplifting post.
    Thanks for the smiles.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so and you are very welcome for the smiles Sandra. I hope your Thanksgiving was a lovely one :)

      Delete
  11. I love your moon photos -- and Charlie Brown! I'm a little envious you have your trees up. I had wanted to get mine up by now but with Rick's mom visiting it wasn't happening. Maybe I'll get a bit of a start on the weekend. I hope your holiday was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, I was able to get a head start this year. We had a lovely Thanksgiving and sounds like you did also with Rick’s mom visiting. I shall enjoy reading all about it.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you William :) I have started looking up at the moon lately.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!