Monday, July 12, 2021

MONDAY RECIPE POST - SINGLE-SERVING, DEEP-DISH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE

Thank you so much for all the greetings you left on my birthday.  These added to the enjoyment of my special day very much, and I will be thanking you all individually ASAP.  

Today I am sharing an old recipe and I found it particularly good at the time.  I should put the ingredients I need on our next shopping list as it has been too long since I last made it.  All I need to add is the ice cream and the chocolate chips!

It is made for one person but is easy to adjust for for two.



Single-Serving, Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie



The original recipe was found here at Chocolate Moosey.  Carla's has great photos, and she also has some delicious sounding desserts just like this one.

Makes: 1 deep-dish cookie

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
One or two drops of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla Ice-Cream for serving.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  and take your individual-sized ramekin out of the cupboard.

In a medium microwavable bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in both sugars and vanilla.  Whisk in salt, baking soda and flour.  Blend in the chocolate chips.  Scrape the batter into the ramekin.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the top is firm and light brown.  Let cool for a few minutes before serving with whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream.



When you feel like something sweet but don't want to go overboard this is just the ticket.  I didn't have any ice-cream but there was some whipped cream in the fridge.  I also mixed in a tablespoon of chopped pecans to the batter before putting it into the ramekin. The finished product was very yummy.

Thanks for looking and...





40 comments:

  1. Decadent and delicious. I hope your birthday was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Obrigada :) Um abraço e uma boa semana para vocês também :)

      Delete
  3. It looks and sounds tasty.
    No ice cream, oh no but yes cream will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM, my hubby would love this treat.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen, and you take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  5. When one feels the need for a chocolate pick-me-up, this would do the trick! I am saving this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely saving this one for those craving times! Thanks for sharing Denise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Martha, and I hope you enjoy it when you get that craving :)

      Delete
  7. Belated happy Birthday. This dish looks very yummy but while we are trying to drop some weight off I think it will have to wait for a while!!
    Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, yes there are times when it is best not to downslide even with small portions :)

      Delete
  8. yum, i did not read the ingredients because i am leading the life of sugar free, but if not i would have been in the kitchen trying this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bon appetit indeed! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping you had the best birthday ever! Thank you so much for posting this recipe. My husband loves chocolate chips and ice-cream. Perfect dessert for him tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Betsy, I hope your husband enjoys :) Thank you also for my birthday greetings, it was a great day!

      Delete
  11. I love me some chocolate that's for sure, looks super, I discovered you had commented a lot and I hadn't approved them, well it went back a long time sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, there are times I love a piece of chocolate. No problem on the comments, these things happen :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you Laurie :) Sorry I can't visit you. I can't find a link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well...that's fun! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday joy to you, Denise! Omg the baked chocolate chips, pecans and whipped cream surely make this the most scrumptious delicious sweet-quenching dessert ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penelope :) It is pretty darned good, lol!

      Delete
  15. You do realize that this could be trouble, don't you?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't find a link to visit you Jeanie. Is this because of what blogger did to the addresses, or whatever they did. I hope you read this so that you can leave me an addy in your comments :)

      Delete
  16. Mouth watering!! Thank you!
    I missed your birthday! Sorry! Happy Birthday! Many Blessings! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great :) and certainly no problem on the birthday. You wished it to me now and that makes me happy. Many blessings and big hugs to you too :)))

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!