Monday, October 2, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - CHICKEN IN A DELICIOUS MARINADE - serve 6


This is one of those recipes I don’t know where it came from originally, but it is our all time favorite marinade and I wanted to share it today. 

Chicken in a marinade which includes low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire Sauce and lemon juice.


Serves 6


8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoons sesame oil

1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Juice from 1 large lemon

5 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)

7 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper



Pat your chicken pieces dry.


In a large bowl, whisk together the oils, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. 


Add the chicken and toss to coat all. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Turn over pieces in marinade once or twice during that process.


Preheat your oven to 450°Fahrenheit.


Transfer your chicken to 9×13" baking dish and pour the marinade over. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165°Fahrenheit.


Baste chicken thighs with marinade halfway through cooking time.


If needed, turn your broiler on to brown the top for the last few minutes (mine did not need this as you can see from the photos).


Oven temperatures vary so I would check your chicken towards the end of cooking time.   


You can use boneless chicken breasts - cook at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes - time vary depending on thickness of meat.  


I used skinless and boneless on one occasion and next time used skin left on and bone in.  I liked my second try better as the chicken crisped up more and seemed less dry and tastier, though no complaints either way.




This is what it looked like still in the pan. I lined it with nonstick aluminum foil to make an easier clean up. 



I wouldn’t change anything about this recipe. It was a 10 out of 10.   


We served it with Jasmine rice and sautéed grape tomatoes.  Sweet Basil for garnish.  


We ate one piece each and had the leftovers the next day.  (I cooked four pieces in total).  Dear other half requested cornbread this time, which was a very nice addition.   


Thanks for looking, have a great day 

and Bon Appetit.










 


40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, it is a favorite way to prepare our chicken now :)

      Delete
  2. That really sounds or reads delicious Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a great marinade. And aren't leftovers wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flavor combination in your marinade, and the chicken looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skin on bone in chicken thighs are the best. This looks so good, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a delicious chicken recipe, thanks for sharing. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen, and thank you :) I wish you the same.

      Delete
  7. This looks really good. I love chicken just about any way it's served. I'll have to give this marinade a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)

      Delete
  8. That looks really good. We will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it would be hard for anything to taste bad cooked in that delish sauce

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be printing this recipe! Looks Wonderful and just like Larry and I like it!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so nice. I am lazy, so I just use Honey BBQ sauce on mine with Panko crumbs sprinkled on top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you say a tablespoon of ginger what form of ginger is that? Fresh grated, powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Ellen. I have added to the ingredient list now. It is freshly grated ginger :)

      Delete
  13. I just printed your recipe, Denise. All the flavors appeal to me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Martha Ellen, we felt the same way. It all appealed to our taste :)

      Delete
  14. Wygląda pysznie. Dziękuję za przepis . Miłego tygodnia życzę :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Witamy serdecznie i dziękujemy. Miłego tygodnia również :)

      Delete
  15. Oh, this looks delicious, Denise. I've always loved a good barbecue, and I finally had one on my So Cal trip. Brian barbecued chicken one night, and the legs are my favorite! This marinated chicken looks absolutely wonderful.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, I am happy you like this recipe :) Your trip sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  16. That looks very good. I love the soy sauce and the honey would be a wonderful contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!