Monday, October 9, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - TORTELLINI CAPRESE SALAD - 6 TO 8 SERVINGS

A deliciously light and refreshing salad from the Food TV Network.  You can look at the original recipe at this link.  It is also very pretty looking.  I wanted to make it before the colder weather set in which was a few weeks ago.  I am probably fixing soups by now.  But then our friends over on the other side of the world might enjoy this in their hot weather.


Tortellini Caprese Salad – 6 to 8 servings


1 lb. cheese tortellini
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
8 ozs. Pearl mozzarella balls
½ cup chopped basil
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Cook the cheese tortellini following the directions on the box. Drain and rinse under cold water. 

Toss with the halved heirloom cherry tomatoes, pearl mozzarella balls, chopped basil, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. 

Season with salt and pepper to taste.


We served our salad with a few slices of deli ham.

I read the comments from people who had made this recipe.  One person added mango and used regular balsamic vinegar.  Another added chopped salami and used Olive Garden Italian Dressing instead of the olive oil and vinegar.  Another suggested kalamata olives.  I liked the kalamata olives idea and Gregg liked the suggestion of the chopped salami.

We both enjoyed this very much, though thought we would decrease the olive oil next time.

We are looking forward to making it again.  Always looking for a nice recipe for a picnic and this would be ideal.  It would also be great to take to a potluck.

 

I am trying to remember to add the full address of each recipe, just in case you prefer to copy and paste this into your search engine, rather than use the link provided.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/tortellini-caprese-salad-3764783#:~





44 comments:

  1. It is very pretty, and would be just perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny :) that's what I thought also.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen cheese tortellini here - I will have to keep my eyes open. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and I hope you can find some Sue, but I'm sure another delicious pasta would do :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious, I love all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing Denise.
    Take care, have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen, they are a good combination aren't they? You are very welcome and you take care and have a wonderful week also :)

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks really good. I like tortellini. I've never seen the mozzarella balls in the stores though. I'll have to look for those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann :) Maybe you can get block mozzarella and cut it into small pieces if you can't find the pearl.

      Delete
  5. I quite often make a conventional Caprese salad, but this variation looks interesting. I’ll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great David, I enjoy the conventional recipe also :) I hope you enjoy this.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine :) so glad you like the look of it.

      Delete
  7. As a meat and potatoes guy, I'd probably never have that, but I do find it interesting what other people like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that too Jim, it is interesting what people enjoy. Nothing wrong with meat and potatoes :) I could make a meal out of bread and cheese quite happily, and I've never met a potato I don't like, lol!

      Delete
  8. I think I just invited myself to dinner!! That looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in the neighborhood Latane, you will always be welcome :)

      Delete
  9. So pretty -- I was thinking right away of just what you said at the end that it would be perfect for a potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a caprese salad -- it's one of my favorites. Adding the tortellini really gives it more of a substance, more of a main dish salad than a side salad. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, I agree, and the tortellini is a delicious addition :)

      Delete
  11. This would be a lovely picnic dish, Denise. We would really enjoy it-- thank you for sharing your thoughts about this salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, adding those thoughts always helps us to remember and I'm glad you find them interesting too. Thank you my friend :)

      Delete
  12. Oh my that looks tasty and I don't even care for tomatoes. But I know several places I could take this salad and it would be devoured!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer :) that is good to know.

      Delete
  13. My goodness! This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing. I am going to bookmark it now! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Billie Jo and you are very welcome :) Thank you my friend!

      Delete
  14. Tomatoes and pasta...a great combination!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Donna, thank you and sending hugs :)

      Delete
  15. Oh, this salad looks so good. It goes well with a sandwich or just slices of deli meats, like you've shown here. It looks like a healthy salad too.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose, we liked it a lot. A sandwich would be good with this too and yes, it seems very healthy :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!