Tuesday, October 10, 2023

MONARCH BUTTERFLY

“Butterflies live most of their lives being completely ordinary. And then, one day, the unexpected happens. They burst from their cocoons in a blaze of colors and become utterly extraordinary. It is the shortest phase of their lives, but it holds the greatest importance. It shows us how empowering change can be.” 

~Kelseyleigh Reber~



"Kelsey Reber lives with her family in Pennsylvania, where her favorite room remains her bedroom-turned-library.  Having loved reading and creating the written word since she was a small girl, she is a self-professed bibliophile, with a passion for the fantastical and historical.  She has written two books that I am aware of, "If I Resist" and "If I Fall"." I haven't read either at this point in time.

The butterfly photo was taken by Gregg on our last trip to Green Spring Gardens on Sunday, October 1st, 2023.  More on the garden in a future post.



20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous photo, and wonderful quote to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, I will pass that on to Gregg who took the photo. Glad you liked the quote too :)

      Delete
  2. Such is the wonder of nature. Lovely photo of the butterfly Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! We were very happy to see the butterflies :)

      Delete
  4. this beutiful butterfly looks like she is saying, Ahhh, this flower matches my colors exactly. I can drink my nectar and stand in the pollen and have the flower too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You speak butterfly, that makes me smile, lovely! :) Thank you Sandra!

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful photo of the monarch that Gregg took!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extraordinary photo of that gorgeous monarch! Well done, Gregg! I must check out the books of Kelsey Reber---very inspirational verbage on the monarch, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen :) so happy you liked Gregg’s photo. Let me know if you enjoy this author’s book. From her quote I think it will be excellent.

      Delete
  7. An exquisite photo of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This photo is incredible of the Monarch Butterfly. I don't get a chance to snap their photo that often, as they are here one minute and gone the next. Flutter about so quickly. Oh, this photo is so clear, and shows so much detail of the pretty butterfly.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it Sheri. Gregg has a good eye for taking photos and a steady hand. It's hard when they flutter all over the place. I saw a bee on a flower the other day and it was sleeping. I took lots and lots of photos, and even then a lot of them were a bit blurry, oh well, lol! :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!