Monday, October 23, 2023

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - JUMBO BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS


For breakfast one morning I decided to make this recipe.  It comes from a food blog called "Tried and True Recipes", hosted by Kari.  My thanks to the food blog's host for sharing this delicious muffin.  I recommend visiting as she adds a lot more information than I have here, I always enjoy the photos and so many other great recipes to try.  


Jumbo Blueberry Banana Muffins - makes 12


3 ripe bananas 

2 large eggs room temperature

⅓ cup milk room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour

¾ cup brown sugar

6 tablespoons butter, softened

1 tablespoon baking powder

¾ teaspoon salt

¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 ½ cups fresh blueberries


Topping (optional)

½ cup brown sugar

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon softened butter


Preheat oven to 400°F. Place muffin liners in the cups of a muffin pan or spray the pan with cooking spray and set it aside.

Mash the bananas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the eggs, beating after each one. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.

In a separate large bowl, blend together the flour, brown sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon using a pastry blender or the back of a fork.

Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Mix just until everything is combined. Don't over mix.

Using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.

Fill the lined jumbo muffin cups ¾ of the way full.

If making the topping mixture, put those ingredients in a small bowl, mix together until combined and sprinkle evenly over each muffin. 

Bake for 25 minutes. (If you have used regular muffin tins, bake for 15-18 minutes.) 

Let cool slightly before serving.


We enjoyed our muffin very much and served it with strawberries, as you can see in the photo.

I added a little more milk as my batter seemed too thick.

I also added 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the batter.  Walnuts would be good also.

I didn't make the extra topping this time. It was excellent without.

I tested mine to see if they were done by pushing a wooden tooth pick in the top center.  I have also used the point of a sharp knife.  Mine came out with a little uncooked batter attached, so I put the muffin tray back in for another two to three minutes and that did the trick.  Oven temperatures vary so you might not have this problem.  Our oven runs on the cooler side.

When no longer hot, I wrapped the extra muffins in foil and put them in the freezer for another time.

You can copy and paste the following address if you prefer it to the link above.

https://jeanniestriedandtruerecipes.com/blueberry-banana-jumbo-muffins/

I feel like I have rushed this a bit tonight, so if you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section.  


Thanks for looking, have a great week and...





36 comments:

  1. The muffin has risen perfectly high and I bet it's berry tasty too! Have a most wonderful week ahead, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, you have a wonderful week also :)

      Delete
  2. They do look delicious and I bet they tasted good.
    Tea and toast here every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, sounds good :) normally it is the same for me, or yogurt and fruit. These muffins are reserved for a special weekend treat.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed them. I don't remember when I last had a muffin. Last year? The year before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :) I can’t remember the last time I made muffins, or even purchased a store bought one.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Ashok, they are so good aren’t they? :)

      Delete
  5. Oh those look delicious. I've been looking for something new for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, your muffin looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Eileen. Thank you and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  7. since I love blueberry muffins and bannana nut muffins, i am sure the combo is delightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all came together beautifully :). Thanks Sandra!

      Delete
  8. Denise, thank you for the visit to my blog :) Your muffins look delicious! I wish I had one this morning :) I look forward to visiting your blog and catching up on some of your recent posts. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for the return visit. I look forward to revisiting you too. You have a wonderful week also :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Muito obrigado! Que bom que você gostou da minha receita :) Um abraço e uma boa semana para você também.

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, I'm thinking about breakfast and this pops up. Should I wake my wife up and ask her to make these?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind one of those with my coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could bring one over for you Ellen :)

      Delete
  12. I’ll bet that smells wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you were my neighbor if only for the baked goods! Lol. Have a beautiful week my friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were neighbors Cloudia. Coffee would be perculating, or tea, or smoothie :) Thank you and you a have a beautiful week also my friend.

      Delete
  14. These look great, Denise. Thanks for your additional notes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you Martha Ellen :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Too tempting sometimes Roentare, one of the reasons I don't make them that often :) Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!