Monday, July 10, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - SESAME SOY SALMON WITH GINGER HONEY GLAZE


My salmon recipe today comes from "The Iron You" hosted by Mike.  You can see the original here.  He offers alternatives in the ingredient section which you might want to take a note of.  The ingredients below are what I used.

Sesame-Soy Salmon with Ginger Honey Glaze
Serves 4

For the salmon:

1-1/2 lbs. (or four 6 oz. pieces) salmon, you can take the skin off if you prefer
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce 
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

For the Ginger Honey Glaze

4 tablespoons mild-tasting honey
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

For garnish (optional):

Toasted sesame seeds 
Thinly sliced green onions


In a bowl combine the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar and brown sugar.  Using a whisk mix thoroughly until well blended.

In a shallow covered container or in a large Ziploc bag, place the salmon inside and pour the marinade over it.  Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

While the salmon is marinating combine all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

Place the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat your broiler set at high.  

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with olive oil.  (I used non-stick foil and left out this step).

Remove the salmon from the marinade and place onto the lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and place under the broiler.

Cook for 10 minutes.  

Remove and brush top of the salmon with the glaze.  Cook for another 2 minutes, or until it easily flakes with a fork.

Remove immediately, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions if using them.

Serve and enjoy!

One serving is 463 calories



What do I think of this meal?  It was excellent and I shall be making it again.  I served it with Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries, Apricots and Avocado.  The recipe is here.

Thanks for looking at today's recipe.
Enjoy your day!





42 comments:

  1. The salmon skin looks crispy there. I love skin the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glaze especially looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really lovely flavours in this recipe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sue, glad you like the look of it :)

      Delete
  4. So delicious! thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, makes me happy you think so :)

      Delete
  5. That is very similar to the recipe I use for salmon an I highly recommend it. Delicious. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a mouthwatering meal! The salmon is perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you I am honored you think so Angie :)

      Delete
  7. I thought it looked like chicken...lol I was surprised to read it was salmon. It sure does look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to tell at times :) Thank you Ann, it's a delicious recipe.

      Delete
  8. Hello Denise,
    Sounds yummy, I would like to try the Ginger honey glaze. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, I hope you like it :) I wish you the same.

      Delete
  9. Sounds easy and simple to make. I have a bag of salmon filets in my freezer and will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I've never cared for salmon, but this dish looks really good. I think the rice makes the dish too. Have a wonderful week, Denise.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby doesn't like it either Sheri, not everyone's cup of tea :) Thank you, you have a wonderful week too.

      Delete
  11. Elizabeth Grace is beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Denise. I will be sure to show Jess all the names that are mentioned in the comments. Elizabeth is another name that I've always loved. In a way, it reminds me of Elizabeth on The Walton's (one of my favorite shows. She's the youngest child, and so was I). ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked them but there are so many beautiful names out there, one will just sit right with you all when it's time :) A sweet connection with The Waltons. I used to enjoy that show too.

      Delete
  12. We do love salmon and try to eat it once a week. Thank you for an interesting recipe. I've never marinaded salmon before, so this sounds very nice. Your rice looks yummy! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen, it's on the shopping list right now :) Glad you like the look of this recipe. Happy Monday to you too, just got under the wire as I see it will be Tuesday soon.

      Delete
  13. Yumm Denise!! Thank you for scrolling all the good cooking sites you know about and sharing. We do seem to share the same likes and this sounds wonderful. Salmon is a huge favorite here. Especiallly now that we're back in the Pacific Northwest, it's harder to find in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sallie. Usually I will ask Gregg what he would like for that night's meal, he will mention something and I put it in the search engine and then the fun begins :) Welcome home!

      Delete
  14. The Ginger Honey Glaze makes it appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure that was very tasty :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, looking forward to having it again some time :) All the best to you too Jan!

      Delete
  16. Really sounds delicious - pinned for future reference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, hope you enjoy it when you do make it Carol :)

      Delete
  17. Give me salmon, ginger and soy and I'm a happy woman. We try to eat it regularly and this looks like my recipe but with the added honey which sounds great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Jeanie :) That's super and you are very welcome.

      Delete
  18. As I don't go for seafood, not for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!