Monday, July 3, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - A VERY EASY CHEESE DANISH

 

I fixed this for company and it was very fast and easy to prepare.  More importantly everyone enjoyed it.  

Easy Cheese Danish found here

2 cans ready-to-use refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg white

Glaze:

1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.

Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together.  

Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth.  Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white. 

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.  

You can mix the glaze ingredients after taking the Cheese Danish out of the oven.  Cool the Danish for 20 minutes and then pour the glaze over the top.  


What did we think of this recipe?   Very yummy and it was a big hit with everyone.  

The layer of pastry I placed over the top tore a little and I had to do some patchwork.  It didn't detract from the look.  By the time the icing was drizzled on top it looked perfect.  

It cooked faster than I expected, and the top was real brown.  No big deal as again the icing on the top covered it all and it still tasted wonderful.

Your favorite fruit would be very nice on the side.  I used strawberries, sliced bananas and blueberries.

This is a very easy and delicious breakfast or dessert.  It is in the make-again folder.

People had seconds and there were no leftovers.



26 comments:

  1. Looks like the best comfort food ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. I don't think we have cans of crescent rolls, but I suppose ones from the bakery would work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea Sue and thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Oh how delicious... I think it tastes best fresh.
    Very nice of you to spoil others with it.
    I wish you a happy week.
    Hug from Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Viola, yes I agree :) Happy week to you also and sending hugs.

      Delete
  4. No leftovers, that says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really yummy. Sounds really easy to make also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very comforting and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy, I will have to try this recipe. I love our local bakery's cheese danish.
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did Eileen :) Thank you, and the same to you :)

      Delete
  8. The cheese Danish looks Yummy, Denise. You know, I love a good and moist cheese Danish sometimes. They are so good with our morning coffee.

    Happy 4th!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, yes, a perfect pairing :) Happy 4th to you also!

      Delete
  9. Boy does this Danish look yummy! No leftovers are always a good sign it was enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Elle, we all enjoyed this yummy Danish :)

      Delete
  10. That does sound real good, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you William, I am glad you like the look of it :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!