Monday, July 17, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD WITH A LIGHT ORANGE GLAZE

 

This recipe is from 'For the Love of Cooking' and its host is Pam.  Pam has a lot of recipes that I would like to try some time and my list is getting very long.  The link for this particular recipe is here.


Cranberry Orange Bread with a Light Orange Glaze

Yields 1 loaf

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 55-60 minutes


Ingredients:


Bread:


2 cups flour

1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Zest of 1 large orange
2/3 cup orange juice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1-1/4 cups fresh cranberries

Glaze:


1 cup powdered sugar

1-2 tablespoons orange juice, to taste

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a small loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.


Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.  


Stir in orange zest until well combined.


Make a well in the center and add the orange juice, eggs, melted butter and melted coconut oil.  


Stir from the center until the ingredients are blended.  


Be careful not to over mix.


Add the cranberries.


Stir until just blended.


Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes.  


Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.


Make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and orange juice together until you reach your desired glaze thickness.


Place some wax paper under the bread on the rack.


Pour the glaze evenly over the cooled bread.  Slice and serve plain or spread with butter.  



Served this for company and it was enjoyed by all.  It would also make a nice homemade gift wrapped in cellophane and pretty ribbons.  It's a real pretty bread.  Good with or without butter.    

The cranberries are tart but again we both enjoyed the sweet/tart combination.  

As I have heard about the goodness in coconut oil I was interested in trying it.  It looks a little like shortening but is a whole lot healthier.  It also gives the bread a lovely coconut flavor. There are two sites I went to, here, and here

The aroma is incredible!

Thank you Pam for a great recipe. 



44 comments:

  1. Yum! Especially with a cup of coffee or glass of cold milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad that you and your company enjoyed it. You are right - it is a very pretty loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just looks so yummy to taste. I am saving the recipe after I manage to lose another 10kg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :) I wish you every success losing your 10kg.

      Delete
  4. Looks wonderful, bet it tastes good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks delicious. I've never tried coconut oil in a recipe. I actually bought some once for an air freshener recipe. You mixed the coconut oil with different spices and then used it in a tart warmer. It didn't work very well and the coconut oil sat in the cupboard way past it's expiration date before I tossed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I used coconut oil. I didn’t realize you could use it for an air freshener. I had better look at my expiration dates :). Thanks for the reminder Ann :)

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen and thank you :) I wish you the same.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the recipe Denise! It looks like a wonderful cake!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna :) and you are very welcome. Thank you, and I also send hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love Pam's recipes too. This is one beautiful loaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I would love to make one of your recipes sometime and will ask first. Thanks Angie :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, so happy you think so :)

      Delete
  10. it is beautiful and I think I can smell it. if it taste half as good as it looks, it has to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a lovely orange flavor but not overpowering. It is delicious :)

      Delete
  11. Oh my, that looks so moist and Yummy. I love cranberry and orange together. I wish I had a slice to go with my coffee this morning. The orange glaze adds a little something extra.

    Have a blessed week, Denise.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, it is a great combination isn’t it? :) You have a blessed week also.

      Delete
  12. This looks so very good! I have to make gluten free for my husband, so I will make it using gluten free flour with a bit of xanthan gum. Wish me luck! And thanks for a lovely recipe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and I certainly will Kay but I expect it will be delicious :)

      Delete
  13. I haven't had company in ages. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn :) We were all in the same boat weren’t we?

      Delete
  14. Skorzystam z przepisu i upiekę to ciasto. To super prezent. Miłego tygodnia 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję bardzo. Mam nadzieję, że będziecie się tak dobrze bawić jak my :)

      Delete
  15. That looks so good, especially with the glaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, I always thought the glaze took it up a notch but I have made it without and it is still yummy :)

      Delete
  16. What a delicious looking loaf, Denise, even if no company is expected, we would enjoy this loaf. It would be great with coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!