Monday, September 9, 2024

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - EASY AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I was happy to find this recipe for cookies done in the Air Fryer. I am always looking for ways to use it. In the summer I stay away from the oven. This would be very nice to use when you fancy a sweet treat but don’t want the kind of heat the oven puts out when baking. This recipe came from Preppy Kitchen hosted by John Kannell. I found him on YouTube here, but I was happy to find he had a food blog, link on its name. The original recipe on that blog is here. It is always nice to follow along with the video, but I was happy that he also had it all written down on a website. There are more tips on John's website.


Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies - makes a dozen cookies - approximately 269 calories per cookie.


Air fryer with 6-quart basket


½ cup unsalted butter softened (113g)

½ cup light brown sugar (110g)

¼ cup granulated sugar (50g)

1 large egg at room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1½ cups all-purpose flour (180g)

¼ teaspoon baking soda

¼ teaspoon salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (180g)


In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl halfway through, until well combined.

Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.

Add the flour, then sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly over top. Mix on low speed until no dry bits of flour remain, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand with a spatula.

Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces (about 2½ tablespoons each) and roll into balls.

Preheat the air fryer to 300°F if your model requires it.

Line the basket of an air fryer with parchment paper (cut to fit the basket if you don’t have an air fryer liner). Working in batches, place 4 pieces of dough in the basket, equally spaced.

Air fry for 14 minutes at 300°F. Remove the basket from the air fryer and let the cookies cool for 4 minutes on the parchment paper, before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Continue cooking the rest of the dough balls.


John's notes:

Chilling and freezing instructions: If you don’t want to bake the whole batch of cookies immediately, you can cover and refrigerate the cookie dough balls for up to 72 hours. Alternatively, freeze them on a cookie sheet until solid, then transfer them to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 3 months. Air fry from frozen.

To enhance the flavor: Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt once they are finished baking.



This was an experiment as I have never cooked cookies in an air fryer before. I was happy they turned out as well as they did. 

I preheated the air fryer first, and used a parchment liner.

We thought they were excellent but they are very rich. I made enough for two each but found one each was enough. I froze the rest of the dough in single scoops to use whenever we felt like a cookie.

I divided the dough in half as we both have different tastes in ingredients. I added chopped pecans and mixed them in for both of us. I divided the dough and in one half I added chocolate chips, in the other I added chopped dates to suit each other's taste. Just a handful, you can see by looking how much you would need, probably about half to a cup for each depending on how much you like or will fit the recipe. If I had raisins I would have used those.

These are the chocolate chips I used.

I didn’t have any unsalted butter and used regular. I will put unsalted on the shopping list for next time.

All this being said, you can always use your oven if you don’t have an air fryer.

You can copy and paste the full addresses below if you prefer.

Website: https://preppykitchen.com/air-fryer-cookies/

YouTube: https://youtu.be/G36OLNSiOFY?si=RcHc6OLGtioyIca8







38 comments:

  1. They look so good, and nice and puffy! Don't have a mixer though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, some things you can mix by hand but not sure how long that would take, or what effort. My hands and arms would yell at me :)

      Delete
  2. They do look nice Denise. We don't seem to use our air fryer a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, we don't use ours too often. This recipe should jumped out at me :)

      Delete
  3. Now that is a use I hadn't even thought of for the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I wouldn't have thought of doing that before I saw this recipe :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a yummy desert to have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made a nice change, we don't have desserts very often :)

      Delete
  5. Not something we ever make, but we do use our air fryer frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We on the other hand don't make much in the air fryer. I was glad to find this recipe as it was such a different way of making cookies and I was intrigued :) We don't make cookies that often or get them from the store. The last time I made cookies was in April, always a special treat. Thanks David! :)

      Delete
  6. That's a very convenient way of cooking them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have an air fryer and had no idea you could make cookies. I do have airfryer toaster oven, so now I am wondering what kind you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me also. I would never have thought I could bake cookies in an air fryer before I saw this recipe :) the name of my air fryer is a Ninja.

      Delete
  8. Chocolate chip cookies are the most asked for treat in our home. Sounds interesting in an air fryer. Now I want a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious Martha Ellen, I wish I had one now but it helps that they are in the freezer :) Out of sight, out of mind, or at least they were, lol! I am trying to be good, let’s see how long that lasts, lol!

      Delete
  9. Those look good and what a great way to have a sweet treat without making a huge batch of cookies. I like the idea of freezing the dough you don't use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps not having them all in the cookie jar :)

      Delete
  10. They look wonderful. Never thought of using AF to make cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to try this! Thanks!!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Donna, glad you like the look of them :) sending hugs.

      Delete
  12. I can't bake cookies. Someone will binge eat them, which upsets his stomach! sigh. Sometimes I could have a cookie myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, upset tummies are not good. My willpower seems to be hanging in there for the time being :)

      Delete
  13. That was a great tip to freeze some of the cookie dough. Glad the recipe worked for your air fryer! Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezing cookies covers the bases for me Ellen :) Thank you and the same to you.

      Delete
  14. I have an air fryer, but it tends to let out smoke. So, I use a toaster oven instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s interesting Gigi. I wish I had a toaster oven :)

      Delete
  15. Airfryer?! No way.. it's a magical appliance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Hena. Yes, and it was a fun way to bake the cookies. I expected them to come out burnt :)

      Delete
  16. Those look to die for. If I had an air fryer I'd make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just way too good Jeanie, I won't be making them too often, lol! :)

      Delete
  17. They sound delicious...I would love the added pecans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose, for us, adding pecans takes this up a notch :)

      Delete
  18. Se ven muy ricas. Gracias por la receta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me alegra que te gusten. Muchas gracias :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  19. Great recipe. I don't have an air fryer so I would cook them in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good way to go :) I don't think I would use the air-fryer all the time for cookies, but it was fun to try and I am experimenting on what would be a good recipe to use as I am interested in using it more often.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!