Wednesday, August 30, 2017

I DON'T OFTEN GET ON MY SPEAKING BOX BUT...

The Gulf Coast of Texas in the Spring of 2017

I wanted to say that our family, friends, in fact everyone I know, are thinking of all those in Texas who are dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, and we are keeping you very much in our thoughts and prayers.  

I have also watched the many heroes who are appearing.  It does the heart good after all the negative stories lately, to see all the goodness when these disasters happen.  As Mrs. Rogers mentioned to her son, look for the helpers, there will always be the helpers.  In my humble opinion, this is a large part of what this country is all about, helping each other in their greatest time of need, which also extends to our four legged friends and other critters too. 

There have been countless numbers of people who don't look at a person to see what ethnicity they are, religion, orientation, anyone who is judged by their differences, they just see a person who needs help.  And when you look around the world and see other terrible things happening, you'll also find the helpers.  Mr. Rogers' mom was a smart, sweet lady who brought comfort to her child.  Yes there is a lot of bad stuff going on, but there is also a whole lot of love out there, we have to remember that.  

Please forgive me if this is not what I usually write about. I try to keep this place a happy one for people to visit, but I woke up this morning feeling the need to say something.  I will be reading this in the years ahead, and I'll want to be reminded of the goodness in the world, instead of what everyone else is telling us.  Yes, I know a lot of bad stuff can happen too, I don't have my head in the sand. Pollyanna that I am, I will always be living in hope and looking to the helpers and there are many, many, many.  Blessings to all our Texas friends.  



44 comments:

  1. I so agree that there are so many good people. And yes everyone is thinking about those in Texas...I cannot imagine what they are going through. At times like this we see the real America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are more helpers than there are anyone else Felicia, we just keep hearing about those others, which is sad. We need not to give them so much air time maybe? In the meantime I'll just turn off the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are unbelievable. There's going to be much help needed to put things back together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you. Let Love prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, most of blogging is about what is happening now. So many heroes, it can in a way give us faith in mankind again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the helpers. The world over. They are very necessary (and valuable) people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right. The trouble is that the media rarely reports happy stories or stories of good happenings except when there is a tragedy such as the hurricane. There is a lot of good people in the world but we only hear about the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for writing this, Denise. It is a worldwide thing and full of decent people.There are more good than bad and thank God for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Denise. It is great seeing all the local HEROES. They are stepping up and helping their neighbors, that is how the great USA should be. I am sure there are more heroes stories all around the USA , but the news seems to push the horrible stories more than the good stories. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. for days now I have admired and loved the 'helpers' that are flooding our screens. I liked your post. well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said, Denise. We have been watching with horror and our thoughts are with everyone effected. I believe there are more good people in the world than bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well stated, Denise! My prayers and thoughts are with all those affected...so tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The news is terrible, but then good news is not interesting enough!!! Heart rending what the people in Texas are going through. Luckily the friends I have who live there are not near the coast. We have heard so many stories about people and animals being saved, our news is full of them at present. So very sad. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, it's good that your friends are okay. The same to you, keep well :)

      Delete
  14. I know we have all been thinking a lot of the Gulf Coast of TX these last days, and I have heard so many good stories, but also some very sad and anger-inciting things from idiots. I worry about people sometimes. At any rate, our fellow Americans need our prayers. I loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, very true but I will always follow Mrs. Rogers' advice about the helpers/heroes. I truly believe there are more of them than the other.

      Delete
  15. Hi Denise and what a terrible storm and aftermath, but as you say the heroes have been out risking life and limb and bless them for it, what a sad world it would be without these people. They seem pop up all over the world wherever the disaster. Lovely thoughts, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, these people are my heroes, a lighted candle in the world :)

      Delete
  16. This type of storm is unfortunately going to become more common. I hope they don't go and rebuild in the same vulnerable locations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well said Denise ... or should I say written!
    My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to all who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan :) Everyone's kind comments towards those affected people out there in Texas is very heartwarming. All the best to you too, Denise

      Delete
  18. It's terrible to see what's happening, but people also come together in a disaster. For the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are exactly right, Denise, and there is indeed much helpfulness in the world. And now even in this days of such tragedy and heartbreak we are clearly seeing the goodness of strangers helping out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, there are a lot of people helping instead of hindering. It's so good to see. Hope you have a good Labor Day weekend Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen and I would like to wish you the same.

      Delete
  21. Look for the helpers! YES! Aloha Dear

    ReplyDelete
  22. "...when you look around the world and see other terrible things happening, you'll also find the helpers."

    A good thing to remember, especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its' been amazing in Texas.
    Both on our west coast, and in Manitoba, they've been evacuating due to fires. What a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!