has one of the sweetest faces ever.
For my Friday Five I thought I would choose the following quotes.
1) "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
2) "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace."
3) "I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better."
~George Bird Evans, "Troubles with Bird Dogs"~
4) "You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother."
~Rick Horowitze, Chicago Tribune~
5) "He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me....whenever....wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."
I am linking with the following memes as they become available, with my thanks to all our hosts. Please click on their names to visit other participants.
Beautifully've described love for your lovely dog. Regards.ReplyDelete
I agree with the quoted aforisms, especially Kundera's one. There cannot be a better and more faithful friend than your beloved dog! My Hani - Honey - stays always in my heart ♥ReplyDelete
Hello, cute puppy dog! I love all the quotes! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
I love these quotes! Have a lovely weekend!ReplyDelete
Such a cute, lovable dog! Have a wonderful weekend!ReplyDelete
That is such a cute dog!ReplyDelete
oh my happy heart! THANK YOU for this Amazing Post. This speaks of LOVE to me.ReplyDelete
Love this post! We have four pups. :) That puppy dog is precious! Is he/she yours?ReplyDelete
No SweetMarie. Not my dog but one I found on holiday.Delete
adorable little guy and i like all the quotes to and number 2 is the one i like best. dogs just love, no matter what, they don't pout or get angry and love no matter what and also they are just plain fun to be around.ReplyDelete
So true Sandra, so true.Delete
I think the dog is too smart to bother with the breakfast. They can probably do a lot more than they let on! :-) Darling sweet photo.ReplyDelete
Awesome truths about dogs.ReplyDelete
They give us so very much.
I am not so sure about 'becoming partly dog' - lol - but theses are lovely quotes.ReplyDelete
Oh, Denise, these are wonderful...I loved them all.ReplyDelete
love #3. and #4 too. :)ReplyDelete
Oh he is a cutie ! Looks like a Havanese breed , Lovely photo . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend and a Happy Valentines Day to you both !ReplyDelete
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.Delete
Aw, such sweet thoughts. I need a dog.ReplyDelete
Very cute puppy.ReplyDelete
Aww what a sweet dog, beautiful :)ReplyDelete
You are right, Denise, he does have a sweet face. I like the quotes, got to copy one or two if you don't mind. I'm thinking of getting a pet for company but feel I'm too aged to cope with another dog, much as I love them.ReplyDelete
I would be very happy for you to use the quotes. Maybe a small dog Valerie? But I know what you mean. I have been thinking of you dear friend, you are very much in my thoughts.Delete
Good morning, Denise! I love this sweet dog. Adorable face! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!ReplyDelete
I love dogs too.ReplyDelete
Hi Denise, This little fellow is adorable. Beautiful post!! Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend. xoReplyDelete
So cute! I love the #4. :-))ReplyDelete
Cute photo, and wonderful quotes!ReplyDelete
A sweet,sweet doggie & love your quotes,phyllisReplyDelete
You know I am a dog lover. Great quotes. I especially like Kundera. Also, I looking at the photo of the dog, I noted the collar. Best for little dogs is a harness. They suffer with collapsing trachea in later life and collars bring it on sooner.ReplyDelete
I did not know that Dianne, thank you for the info. I will pass that on.Delete
Thank you for stopping by friends :)ReplyDelete
i don't have a dog...haven't had one in years!! but i really want one and you are making it worse!! how will i live my fun, carefree, trip taking life if i get a dog??!!??ReplyDelete
Cute little dog!ReplyDelete
I am a huge dog fan....so enjoyed your post immensely! No. 5 really hit home for me and I found myself agreeing with all the points...just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at fun friday favourites!ReplyDelete
He's very cute!!ReplyDelete
it is indeedReplyDelete
What a cutie. How 'bout share his photo at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/potted.htmlReplyDelete
What a sweetie! A great spring (and soon I hope!) to all!ReplyDelete
That is an adorable dog!ReplyDelete
Nice to see you at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/old-san-juan-pigeon-park.html!ReplyDelete
Adorable sweet face!ReplyDelete
They are all wonderful quotes but I think the one by Gene Hill says it all and that is one sweet puppy.ReplyDelete
What a cute little fellow and I love all of the quotes, but my favourite must be the one by Gene Hill :)ReplyDelete