Saturday, September 5, 2026

SHE’S AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES AGAIN…


(Friday - 9/4/26): I had fun playing on my app, creating a picture with elements from my childhood, as well as a few from life at the moment, that is my love for flowers and animals and birds, wildlife in general. I had to put in my imaginary cottage too. 

In my world both dog and cat are homebodies like me, and they have nice, comfortable beds to sleep on inside the house. They just like to be outside a lot, and the doghouse is there in case it rains and they need shelter. I'll even climb in there with them. It will be very cozy but snuggling with one's pets is good and teaches us love and empathy. As I have said many times before, imagination is a fine thing, so is getting in touch with one's inner child. I am a great believer in it.

But, getting back into the real world, today was a drive over to our pasty place for lunch. We had our usual car picnic in their parking lot. Their pasties are delicious. We also bought three packets of bangers (British-style sausages), a small bar of Cadbury’s Chocolate for me which went lovely with my coffee that we get at the drive-thru coffee shop on the way home. Usually this is a Saturday treat and I am one day early. The bangers are already frozen but one packet will be ready for a full breakfast on Sunday morning. We were lucky to find a parking place as it is a relatively small lot. Many were taking advantage of a long weekend off due to Labor Day on Monday. All pretty humdrum stuff but we enjoy reading about our humdrum stuff from years ago, and this will be no different.

My dear other half had a busy week, seeing our son for a few hours one day, driving down to Williamsburg, where he spent a few hours with his brother. They had lunch, a great walk around, and a good time catching up. Another day he met up with his old friend and had another lunch. It was a feast or famine kind of a week, this week being a feast of get togethers. I, of course, was very happy to occupy myself at home. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and don't do well outside in hot weather.

We had heavy rain and a thunderstorm in the night with lots of downed branches in the yard. It is still very wet, and it rained again this afternoon. It's been iffy all week. I hope it won't be continue over the weekend as it would be very nice to go for a walk around Green Spring. We'll have to wait and see.

My glitch with publishing comments is still ongoing but from what I have seen, there seem to be many of us in the same boat. It will be interesting to find out what happened, or if we will find out. I had one blogging friend who was able to leave a comment today. Thank you Sandra! I have tried on and off all day to answer yours and many others, but no joy!  Hopefully it will have cleared up by tomorrow. 

I am going to see if this will publish.  My Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder will be delayed for a day or so, as I am a bit late doing that.  

I hope you will be able to read this at least and fingers crossed!

Thanks for visiting and 
have a wonderful Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!