(Friday - 9/4/26): I had fun playing on my app, creating a picture with elements from my childhood, as well as a few from life at the moment, that is my love for flowers and animals and birds, wildlife in general. I had to put in my imaginary cottage too.
In my world both dog and cat are homebodies like me, and they have nice, comfortable beds to sleep on inside the house. They just like to be outside a lot, and the doghouse is there in case it rains and they need shelter. I'll even climb in there with them. It will be very cozy but snuggling with one's pets is a good thing and helps to teach us love and empathy. As I have said many times before, imagination is a fine thing, so is getting in touch with one's inner child. I am a great believer in it.
But, getting back into the real world, today was a drive over to our pasty place for lunch. We had our usual car picnic in their parking lot. Their pasties are delicious. We also bought three packets of bangers (British-style sausages), a small bar of Cadbury’s Chocolate for me which went lovely with my coffee that we get at the drive-thru coffee shop on the way home. Usually this is a Saturday treat and I am one day early. The bangers are already frozen but one packet will be ready for a full breakfast on Sunday morning. We were lucky to find a parking place as it is a relatively small lot. Many were taking advantage of a long weekend off due to Labor Day on Monday. All pretty humdrum stuff but we enjoy reading about our humdrum stuff from years ago, and this will be no different.
My dear other half had a busy week, seeing our son for a few hours one day, driving down to Williamsburg, where he spent a few hours with his brother. They had lunch, a great walk around, and a good time catching up. Another day he met up with his old friend and had another lunch. It was a feast or famine kind of a week, this week being a feast of get togethers. I, of course, was very happy to occupy myself at home. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and don't do well outside in hot weather.
We had heavy rain and a thunderstorm in the night with lots of downed branches in the yard. It is still very wet, and it rained again this afternoon. It's been iffy all week. I hope it won't continue over the weekend as it would be very nice to go for a walk around Green Spring. It all depends how hot it is and if it rains. We'll have to wait and see.
My glitch with publishing comments is still ongoing but from what I have seen, there seem to be many of us in the same boat. It will be interesting to find out what happened, or if we will find out. I had one blogging friend who was able to leave a comment today. Thank you Sandra! I have tried on and off all day to answer yours and many others, but no joy! Hopefully it will have cleared up by tomorrow.
I am going to see if this will publish. My Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder will be delayed for a day or so, as I am a bit late doing that.
I hope you will be able to read this at least and fingers crossed!
Thanks for visiting and
have a wonderful Saturday.


I’m getting back to my writing now... it’s great that everyone got things done—Gregg and you alike. That picture with the app is cute. You had some tasty food, too; I hope the heat lets up soon where you are... and that you feel better!
ReplyDeleteHave a good day, hugs, Elke
Hello dear Elke. It was a lovely surprise to see that the comment issue we all had has resolved itself. So nice to be in touch with you again. It was for a short time but it seemed longer somehow :) Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my post! Today it was 82 degrees F. (28 degrees C.) but the humidity was not bad at all. I look forward to these cooler days. You have a good day also, I hope your weather is nice for you too. Hugs, Denise
DeleteYour picture is gorgeous, amazing what fiddling does bring.
ReplyDeleteBlogger comments are now working for me.
We can't seem to buy any nice sausages these days, so I'm glad to read you had some good ones.
Thanks for the link on my blog, visited it and found the statue a beauty, Denise.
Thank you Margaret and fiddling can definitely be fun :) I'm glad we can once again write comments to each other. Glad you enjoyed that link I left you. I thought you might considering the connection. I certainly enjoyed your blog post mentioned William of Orange.
DeleteBangers! Yes! Were they really from England? We have a British store here in Georgia "A Taste of Britain". You know they have them! (You might look them up, they have online shop, I think).Hope thus coment goes through!
ReplyDeleteHello Kay and no, they don't come from England. They are actually made in Maryland but whoever has the recipe, it's the closest I have ever come to the real thing. Hubby agrees with me. In fact, he bought a couple of extra packets this time :) Thank you for the name of the company. I will definitely check it out. Yes, your comment made it through. Happily that glitch has gone away, finger's crossed.
DeleteMiriam often spends time with old friends going all the way back to high school, or with her sisters, and I find time alone very enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteHow nice David and I'm glad you are good with your own company :)
DeleteHooray! The blog comment is working again :-)) Wish you a pleasant weekend, Denise.
ReplyDeleteHooray indeed Angie!!! Thank you and I wish you the same :)
DeleteWonderful post! Yesterday I couldn't reply to comments, nor leave them! Quite strange. Something strange is constantly happening on blogger.
ReplyDeleteI agree Anne, it was all very strange and apparently a global issue. Nice to see you here again, and thank you so much!
DeleteI love that first picture. It radiates pure joy.
ReplyDeleteit's looking like all the comment issues that we had yesterday have been fixed. So far this morning I haven't had any problem
That's what I was trying to impart Ann, I was very happy how it turned out :) Yes, all seems to be well today thank goodness.
DeleteGood morning!! Blogger has corrected the issue with publishing comments!! Yeah! I have thought about getting a pup but I do have my 2 grand pups and I can always "borrow" them for a bit of puppy love that I might be in need of for the time being...My son was telling me about a dog bed for both humans and pups!! I would most likely be stuck in it forever as trying to get out of it up off the floor is not something I can do anymore!! LOL!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Glad you enjoyed my post over on my Christmas blog!! I hope you enjoy the Holiday weekend!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog
Hello Deb, yes it's lovely to be able to visit again, though it's going to take me a while as I was running behind even before this all happened. I would love a pup but my mobility isn't that great these days and whenever I look longingly even at the small pups, hubs worries I am going to go head over heels over pup at some point. He's right of course, I can't risk any more falls so get my doggy fixes at the park when I can get out. That duel dog bed sounds wonderful!
DeleteThoroughly enjoyed coming to your Christmas blog Deb, such a fun visit and I'll be back at some point. Enjoying the holiday weekend thanks and I hope you are too. Hugs, Denise
Yes, Sandra’s was the first comment I got. I saw it late last night and things are back to normal this morning.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you John :) I am very happy things have sorted out at blogger. Hopefully there will be no more problems like this. Strange that it was a global issue.
DeleteSounds like you are having a great weekend and a car picnic sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWe are and it was. Thank you Natalie, I hope you are having a great weekend also.
DeleteI've been able to comment on other blogs this morning. Hope it works here too.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you reading these days? I just finished Theo of Golden which seems to be quite popular.
Yes it worked and I am absolutely delighted, like many of us I'm sure. I need to pick up my books again so am not reading at the moment. Yours sounds a very good recommend, thanks Marcia :)
DeleteI’ve been reading it was a site-wide problem. I think I got in just before things went awry. I love your imaginary world. I would be happy to join you! It has been unbearably humid.
ReplyDeleteIt's global Sandra! I wonder if we will ever know what it was? Glad you were able to comment before everything went kerflooey. Very pleased you enjoy my world, and you would be very welcome :) Sorry about the humidity. I hope it's much better now (typing this on the 7th).
DeleteThose biscuits on your blog post today looked amazing!
Lovely picture art! I am so happy to have comments back this morning!
ReplyDeleteThank you Christine :) Me too!
DeleteSe puede crear todo lo que tu imaginación quiera pensar.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Me alegra leer tu comentario. Muchas gracias :) Saludos cordiales.
Deletewow denise, the dress is "quite interesting"!! your poem is well written. i have been having trouble with comments also, making me look "more behind" on my visits!!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie, I am thinking you may mean the dress in my previous post as the poem was with that one. But, if you mean this one, the fairies dressed her and that’s the story I am sticking to, lol! I know what you mean about looking more behind than usual. I am always trying to catch up but I am very happy the comment situation resolved itself :)
DeleteVery thankful the freaky Friday gremlins were banished from blogs. I could not comment on any blogs yesterday. Happy Saturday
ReplyDeleteHappy to read about your week
Hugs cecilia
Isn’t it wonderful getting back to normal, touch wood! :) Thank you for the kind words Cecilia, and have a wonderful week ahead. Hugs, Denise.
DeleteWe all suffered the blogger glitch in some form or another. I'm glad they fixed the problem or at least now I can comment again. Sounds like a busy but fruitful relational week for Gregg. Hope you both have a great Labor Day weekend. I'm putting my white shoes away, :).
ReplyDeleteAll seems to be back to normal :) Thank you Ellen, it was and you have a great Labor Day! I will be putting my white shoes away also.
DeleteI haven't had any troubles posting or commenting yet...hopefully won't!
ReplyDeleteLove the image you created! SO pretty and loving!
hugs
Donna
That’s great Donna! I am happy you enjoyed. I was very pleased how it turned out :) hugs, Denise
DeleteI did not know about the glitch. I thought it was just me, having a probem leaving cmments. That explains though why despite the amount of views, there are no comments on my most recent post. Hope it gets fixed soon.
ReplyDeleteMe too at first, it was all a bit strange wasn’t it? Thankfully all seems to be working now :)
DeleteHello, Denise
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice update for your week. The pasty sounds yummy and I do love a good cup of coffee. I would enjoy weather that is less humid. Cute image. Have a great day and happy weekend.
Thank you Eileen, very much appreciated and I wish you the same :)
DeleteYes, blogger was DOWN yesterday! But today (Saturday) it seems to be fixed and I am finally able to comment. What a busy week for you both. Thunderstorm here this morning as well. I also love your little Hedgehog!
ReplyDeleteAnd we are all very happy about that too aren’t we Ginny? :) lovely to be commenting again. The thunderstorms seem to have settled down some thankfully. I love that hedgehog too.
DeleteWe haven't had any rain for a while. I'm looking forward to cooler weather here in Las Vegas soon.
ReplyDeleteI have had a hard time making any comments on blogger for a few days. Looks like it's back to normal now though, thankfully.
Hello Mary, and I wish you cooler weather too. Yes, things seem to be back to normal :)
DeleteIt seems the issue blogger was having with comments has been sorted.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to be in contact again :)
Happy weekend wishes.
All the best Jan
It is indeed Jan :) Thank you for the weekend wishes. I hope yours was a lovely one and that you will have a great week. All the best, Denise.
DeleteWell thank goodness for that and what a lovely surprise it is to see your comments. Thank you so much! I thought we would be waiting until at least the weekend was over. I'll be catching up with you all over the next few days. Lovely to see you!!!
ReplyDeleteBuen fin de semana. Lindas imagenes. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias :) Pasé un fin de semana estupendo y espero que el tuyo también lo haya sido. Te deseo una semana muy feliz y te mando un beso.
DeleteI have a glitch too, but I am not sure it is from the same issue. I am trying to comment to say hello and sometimes it will let me and sometimes no. I liked your poem last blog but could not comment. Sandie/chatty
ReplyDeleteI know you have been having a time of it with computer issues, even before all this started Sandie. I hope things settle down soon. Thanks so much for trying again :) very much appreciated.
DeleteWe all need a beautiful fantasy place to get away to in our lives!
ReplyDelete:)
Isn’t that the truth Val :) thank you!
DeleteImagination can be a wonderful thing and I love the image you created with memories from your childhood. We have had some rain here which has been lovely for us and the garden is starting to look greener again. Hopefully the rain storms haven't done too much damage where you are. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThank you Beverley! I am glad you are getting your much needed rain. Our weather has been calm lately, happy to say. You take care too :)
Delete