Wednesday, September 9, 2026

REMEMBERING THE TULIPS - FROM THE ARCHIVES

I found these looking through my old photos, going back to 2014. We were walking around Meadowlark Gardens, newly discovered by us at the time. The tulips were in bloom. I always look forward to this time of the year. 

I was practicing close-ups.


but above everything, I was enjoying those gorgeous yellow tulips...


newly opened with perfect petals.


For a change, not much narrative today.
Thanks for taking a peek and enjoy your day.





30 comments:

  1. I love the tulips too; your close-ups of the tulips are beautiful, and those red edges on the yellow blossom look so lovely.
    Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them Elke :) I thought they were very beautiful with that thin red edge. Thank you and you have a wonderful day also. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos. And I love the very thin red edging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, thank you so much. It is a lovely addition that pretty red edge I agree :)

      Delete
  3. You did well with your closeups Denise and what a beautiful tulips edge with red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I appreciate that and I was very pleased how they turned out :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I love yellow flowers and I love tulips so these are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, that's wonderful. They are a favorite of mine in the spring too :)

      Delete
  5. These are fantastic photos of the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely closeups of the tulips, they are so pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Eileen, they were so very pretty. You take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  7. Those are lovely. Yellow is such a cheerful color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on those close-ups, Denise. Happy Wednesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, I was very happy the way they turned out. Happy Saturday. I'm late catching up as usual. Getting there though :)

      Delete
  9. Denise what a lovely happy sunny tulip with itty bit of red on the edges
    Excellent
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Cecilia. I don't think I have taken anything any prettier than these. Hugs, Denise :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely to see these tulips, I do like your close-ups.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad and thank you Jan, much appreciated :) All the best, Denise

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, me alegra que los hayas disfrutado. Te deseo un feliz fin de semana y te mando un beso :)

      Delete
  13. i really love tulip season. these yellow ones are especially pretty with just a hint of red on the edges!! in taking close ups, especially of flowers, i find my phone takes better pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it always seems to be over far too soon :) You're right about the phone. Thanks Debbie!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!