Monday, August 26, 2024

MONDAY RECIPE POST - BEST OVEN BAKED SALMON - SERVES 2

I have several salmon recipes on here. You can click on the salmon label below my post. Salmon is my favorite fish, though I do enjoy grilled Rainbow Trout if it is on a menu. I have never cooked trout at home. Don’t get me started on Fish and Chips from this relatively new-to-us restaurant/pub we went to several months ago, owned and run by Brits. We pass by it all the time whenever we go to one of our favorite gardens. On another special treat occasion, we will be pointing our car in that direction. I guess I must be hungry! We have both done a good job of eating healthier, with an occasional detour. 

This week's recipe came from Recipe Teacher hosted by Jason. You can see his original here.

It was one of those meals that was on the table in well under half an hour. Always grateful to our food hosts for these speedy meals. The simple seasonings make a very tasty fish. I always read the original recipe for great tips. It is another food blog I will be going back to many times.

 

Best Ever Oven Baked Salmon - 2 servings


2 salmon filets, 6oz each

1 tsp paprika

½ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp kosher salt

½ tsp black pepper

1 tbs melted butter


Preheat oven to 450°(F).

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.

Place salmon filets on pan, skin-side down, and brush with melted butter. (Melt the butter in a small dish in the microwave for about 30 seconds).

Generously rub all the seasoning over the salmon.

Bake at 450°F for 12-16 minutes (ours was taken out after 17 minutes as our oven runs on the colder side). The internal temperature in thickest part of salmon should register 145°F on an instant read thermometer.

Serve with lemon slices and fresh dill as a garnish.


What did I think of the salmon? It was just for me and I thought it was great, a ten out of ten. I will definitely be cooking it again. Gregg's choice of seafood was a piece of cod and he sauteed his in a frying pan. He said that was excellent also.

When we need some kind of oil, lately we always use avocado cooking spray.

As you can see from our sides, we chose Jasmine Rice and sautéed cherry tomatoes. Those two we never seem to run out of. We squeezed a section of lemon juice over the fish. No dill left from our other recipe. Jason's vegetable medley of sliced yellow squash and asparagus looked very appetizing, and I will try that next time with the addition of sliced mushrooms. He said you can roast it right along with the salmon in the same amount of time. Couldn't be any easier.

Jason's note which I added because I can see this happening quite a bit.

"Leftovers: when it comes to enjoying leftovers or meal planning, salmon filets are perfect to enjoy later. Simply pack in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave, air fryer or oven."


You can copy and paste using the following link if you prefer.

https://recipeteacher.com/best-damn-oven-baked-salmon/


Thanks for looking, have a great week 
and Bon Appetit!






42 comments:

  1. That meal looks divine Denise. I love salmon and rainbow trout, have the latter for dinner this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mention of rainbow trout triggered some memories. We used to follow my father along the river. When he caught was when we ate - and a simple pan fried trout is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely memory Sue. Thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  3. Fast, healthy and delicious. And I did not know about the salmon leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny and I was happy to read up on leftovers too :)

      Delete
  4. Salmon...everybody's favourite! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, always loving your recipes. You inspire me :)

      Delete
  5. We will definitely give this one a try. Not sure about those wrinkly little tomatoes, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great and you made me laugh with the wrinkly little tomatoes. Must explain, we have been buying the tastiest beefsteak and cherry tomatoes lately, and absolutely love them eating them as is. Do enjoy them sauteed though but nothing like eating them fresh.

      Delete
  6. Salmon is so good for you. I like trout, too, but haven't been able to buy whole trout for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are, I agree :) I haven't paid particular attention to buying trout in the store so don't know about them. It took me a long time to get round to cooking salmon as I found roasting and panfrying fish a bit intimidating. Now, I cook salmon all the time. I really should get over this thing with trout though. I will take a look next time I am at the supermarket.

      Delete
  7. The salmon looks delicious, thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen, I'm glad you like the look of this recipe. Thank you and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  8. It looks delicious. When I make fish it's usually haddock but growing up trout was a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, haddock is a great tasting fish. I never had trout until I moved here :)

      Delete
  9. looks good, I am afraid to try it because I don't like fish that taste fishy, but I do eat salmon patties made from canned salmon. this looks so good and it is healthy and easy to prepare. bob says he tasted it and I would not like it. its easier say the fish I eat, grouper is my favorite, red fish, talipia and snook, all white fish with no fish taste and no bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, believe me when I say, I am the pickiest person when it comes to fishy fish :) For me, salmon is not fishy, I wouldn't eat it if it was honestly. Gregg does not like it though, but he eats a lot of other seafood. We are all different in the things we like. I have never tried grouper, snook or red fish but have enjoyed tilapia. No bones when I buy the salmon either. Salmon patties from canned salmon can be very tasty.

      Delete
  10. My recipe is simpler. Just salt, pepper, and bits of butter. I bake in a toaster oven for 10 minutes at 350F. Or if using a conventional oven, for 16 minutes at 350F. Comes out tender and juicy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very easy and I'm sure it is delicious. Thanks Gigi! :)

      Delete
  11. It looks like a good healthy meal, Denise. Love those seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, happy you like the look of it :)

      Delete
  12. I think something is wrong with me! I don't like salmon. Maybe I have never had it cooked well but I will eat it out of a can! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with you Latane, we all enjoy different things. My dear other half doesn't like salmon either. Just doesn't like the taste. Canned salmon is good too :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you Denise. We always need new food ideas. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Cloudia, glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  14. YUMMMMMMMY Denise your dish is eye candy and goodness to the tummy too.
    I have never cooked any fish except salmon at home.
    I like other fish but I just don't do any pan frying. Luckily our daughter and son in law live on the Crystal Coast of NC...where the eattin' is good
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecelia :) glad you enjoyed it. We have a family member on the coast in NC. I know of what you speak :))) Sending hugs!

      Delete
  15. We just had dinner and my taste buds are already primed for your salmon dish. Grayden and I often fix salmon for our date night. I will be trying this method soon. This recipe reminds me of my dear sister's recipe for salmon. I really like the idea of cooking the veggies along with the fish as well. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, I am glad you enjoy the sound of this recipe, and that it reminds you of your sisters. I like the idea of cooking the veggies with the meal also. Happy Monday :)

      Delete
  16. you are such a wonderful cook, it looks beautiful. we don't like salmon (i am hanging my head in shame) but i could use the recipe for another fish like greg did!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as I was always told, it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing Debbie :) and that can make it a whole lot of fun. Thank you for the compliment, but I can follow a recipe and that's half the battle so to speak. This seasoning mix would be great on your favorite fish I'm sure.

      Delete
  17. Your dinner looks so good - my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gracias por la receta el salmón se ve muy rico. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Muchas gracias, me alegro que te haya gustado mi receta de salmón. te mando un beso

      Delete
  19. Salmon is one of our favorite seafood dishes and we enjoyed it last night dining at home after our week-long anniversary celebration of dining out. This simple recipe was similar to the we used, except that some brown sugar and ginger and a touch of maple mustard were added to the melting butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your additions sound great Dorothy and once again, Happy Anniversary :)

      Delete
  20. The salmon looks really good, and the rice looks perfect. I'm not a fish lover, but this dish looks delicious.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheri :) I very much appreciated your supportive comment considering you are not a fish lover.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!