Thursday, June 22, 2023

FINISHING OUR WALK ON GREEN SPRING GARDENS ON 6-3-23 - CHILDREN'S GARDEN


This is a very peaceful little garden, and though it is especially meant for children, we have always arrived when there are no little ones around.  You can put your child in one of their gardening classes.  I'm sure it will get very busy when school is out for the summer.  


On our last visit there was no Little Lending Library and we were delighted to find one...


especially as it was accompanied by...

a dragon who apparently loves tacos.


Just for fun and if you have any young ones who would be interested, I found a link to a children's page that tells you all about dragons.  You can find it here.


This interesting sign intrigued me and on checking with Google Translate, in Sudanese for instance, 'pamaca' means 'reader', in Welsh 'darllenydd' means 'a reader', in Icelandic 'lesandi' means 'reader', in Germany 'ein leser' means 'a reader', in Zulu 'umfundi' translated as 'student', in 
Spanish 'una lectura' translated as 'a reading'.  It was fun to learn the different words in each language.


Not only humans have benches dedicated to them.  We sat on the one under the language sign for a while.  Another in a different part of the garden.


There were several bird boxes nearby and this one was occupied.


You can see a little bird on a branch lower left in the photo below...


and slightly more clearly after cropping.  All the photos were taken with my cell phone.  The path led underneath and I think this is a wren, but not sure.  I didn't hang around as she was a busy mom going back and forth feeding her babies.


This photo is taken from where we sat on the bench.


The rain barrel is full of gardening tools for children, more like toys really.


Very prettily decorated by a talented artist, as you can see.


There are photos left for one more post, but it's getting late and I will share them another time.
I hope you have enjoyed your tour around the children's garden.  








 

32 comments:

  1. I love it, and I hope you have more pics of this. I am not a child, but this all is really fun and appeals to me. How cool that the benches are dedicated to beloved pets! This bird does look like a Wren. You are lucky you did not get nipped. I was standing under a tree with a Wren nest, and the mom attacked me! They are ferocious little defenders, but I adore them. Your signoff tonight is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ginny, and so glad you enjoyed this post and my signoff greeting. The graphic is something I picked up at Pixabay. I don't have any more photos of the garden from this visit, but if you click on Green Spring Gardens below this post, it will take you to other posts that do include this place. That's interesting about the wren. Fierce but adorable!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a favorite Angie. If we are feeling a bit tired we keep to the top part of the garden, which is nice and flat. I love visiting the pond area though, and that's down a very steep hill. I am hoping to visit the lotus next time we go :)

      Delete
  3. Well that does look lovely to walk and sit there and take it all in Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good place to do just that Margaret :)

      Delete
  4. What a delightful post - love the memorial benches, the library, the gardens, the dragon - and the birds. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, so glad and you are very welcome :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely little garden that is. It may be for children but I would love to wander through there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good place to visit with our inner child Ann :) That's what I do.

      Delete
  6. This is a beautiful garden. The cute dragon is such a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish dragon had followed me home to my garden :)

      Delete
  7. How fun for the children! And we love to find the library boxes!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree Donna us too! Sending hugs :)

      Delete
  8. Hello,
    What a wonderful garden, I like the memorial benches and the art. Cute capture of the House Wren. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun place to go to that's for sure Eileen. Glad you enjoyed my post, thank you! You take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  9. Love the "reader" translations. I have no idea how one would begin to learn how to read some of those languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask myself the same question :) I met someone once who spoke five languages fluently, and three he could get by. I would love to speak another language. I know certain words but that's about it.

      Delete
  10. love the garden, and love that rain barrel even more. in fact wish ours looked like that. what a wonderful place it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love that rain barrel too :) Thank you Sandra!

      Delete
  11. I like that they painted the rain barrel. Nice garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The garden is beautifully presented and it would be a pleasure to walk there. It certainly encourages the young ones to take an interest in gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it encourages our young to get interested in gardening too Linda :)

      Delete
  13. It's a lovely looking garden, a very nice place to take a walk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Yes, I liked it very much. If I was going to do a fairy garden I would put him in it :)

      Delete
  15. I love children's gardens. They always have such clever elements. This one looks charming. I will never catch up with all the posts I've missed over the past week or so. But I'll do my best to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more Jeanie. I enjoy seeing children having fun in these places but I must admit, it is very nice to be able to sit quietly and take it all in :) I am still trying to catch up Jeanie after my down-time spell. Energy level is still a bit below par.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!