Friday, June 2, 2023

BOARDING THE TRAIN…

At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believed they would always travel by our side.  However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on the journey alone. 

As time goes by, other people will board and they will be significant; i.e., siblings, friends, those who get on one stop and get off at the next.  But, we will meet the love of our life at one of those stops, and then our beloved children will come and sit by our side shortly after.

Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum.  Others will go so unnoticed that we don’t realize they vacated their seats.  This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, expectations, hellos, goodbyes and farewells.  Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.  The ride will get bumpy at times.

The mystery to everyone is, we do not know at which station we ourselves will step down.   So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive and offer the best of who we are.  It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty, we should leave behind the beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey.  Reap success and give lots of love.  More importantly, thank those who made it possible for you to take this journey.  Yes, even those who made it more difficult, as the challenges they provided were a gift. Above all, thank those who took this journey with you.


~Author Unknown~







38 comments:

  1. WOW!! This reminds me of the last episode of "This Is Us". One of the main characters died, and walked through the train. I like your red caboose. Seems at one time, all cabooses were red, it was kind of traditional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny :) I need to watch that show. Hopefully it is streaming somewhere. I've been told before I should watch it. As for the caboose, I drive through this town every now and again and you can see it from the main road as we drive over the train tracks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, always happy you enjoy :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful parable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sue :) I loved this and always enjoy sharing the words that speak, so to speak :)

      Delete
  4. A beautiful story...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Denise, wise words to live by. Love the red caboose. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, so glad you enjoyed and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  6. The prose reads beautifully and poetically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thought=provoking post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful and true, and lets remember the bloggers on our train. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we must definitely remember the bloggers on our train, including you. Thank you Sandra :)

      Delete
  9. Very appropriate comparison of life to a trip. On the other hand, the inside of those old cabooses were pretty ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red, I should have chosen a train with passengers I guess but couldn't find one in any of my train photos :)

      Delete
  10. This touched my heart. And I assumed that you had written it. D. Thank you for always sharing lovely life of firming things at your blog. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia and you are very welcome. This definitely spoke to me, and I took a liberty by adding a line here and there which fit with my philosophy in life. If ever I find this wonderful author I will most definitely add their name along with the original :)

      Delete
  11. Nice thoughts! I just went to a memorial service yesterday for my next-door neighbor. She was a couple of years younger than me and it really makes me think about what is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very sorry about your friend Linda. We were thinking about this ourselves as we have lost friends and relatives more frequently. A natural event as we get older and we do become more reflective about such things.

      Delete
  12. Tis was such a wonderful analogy about life, Denise, as it is so true that we never know what the stops will be on the ride called life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you thought it wonderful Dorothy, I did too when I came across it :)

      Delete
  13. Forgot to add that I hope you are both back to 100% once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite 100 percent yet but getting there. I lost my sense of smell and taste and haven't got it back yet, and still heady and snuffly. Gregg is practically 100 percent and I have been following three days behind. Thanks so much for asking, always appreciated.

      Delete
  14. That's lovely, Denise. I'm glad you are still "on the train."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant words and so thought provoking. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you enjoyed Diane :) Thank you and you keep well also!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!