Thursday, June 1, 2023

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF JUNE…

 Yesterday (5/31/23) was the first day in almost two weeks that I have felt like my old self.  My dear other half is also well and back to normal.  Thanks again for all your concern and thoughtful comments.  I hope things will be getting to normal on my blog also. 

Our son came over for a couple of hours to check on us.  We are no longer quarantining ourselves and it was a splendid get together.   He is most definitely a spirit-lifter and we had a grand catch-up.   

Later as I made my way upstairs I stuck my head out the back door.  I always do a security check, doors are locked, windows are shut and locked, drawbridge is up and portcullis is down (smiling), garage door is down, haven’t left the oven on, no hot plates red hot, no taps are running filling up the sink and overflowing into the basement below.  In the 30 plus years of living in this house, I have seen it all.  Security system checked, checked and checked.   I tell Gregg he is well protected.  He says once again with a smile, thank you policeman’s daughter.  Dad took good care of his girls and thank you Dad, Mum too of course, she was amazing. Anyhow, I have reasons why I have a check list but I won’t go there today.  I leave my dear other half to his ball game and off upstairs I go.  OCD?  Maybe but there are reminders in my head that might as well be carved in stone.

As I looked outside one last time, I saw a big cottontail hopping around in my neighbor’s garden.   It was gone soon after so no photos.  And then I noticed another visitor sitting on the steps leading up to our deck.  Gregg and I were trying to remember how long it has been since we saw a cat out there.  It has literally been years.


Pretty little thing with the prettiest blue eyes! There had been no birds around and I was glad they were making themselves scarce.  There was a lot of staring going on.  I told her time to go home but half an hour later she was still there.  


She was still there when I came to bed.  I hope she isn’t someone’s lost cat.   She looks pretty well fed and well taken care of, and I am keeping fingers crossed that she hightails it back home before it gets dark.  Usually people around here have inside cats but a lot of houses have been sold, so maybe she is new to the neighborhood.  I looked on our local neighborhood app and she wasn’t in their lost cat section.  I will check tomorrow and if she is still around I will take the next step.  In the meantime I am adding her to my checklist.


Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by.






Added note: our little cat found her way home and has not been seen since. 










30 comments:

  1. It is great that you are recovering well. The cat looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your thoughtful comment :)

      Delete
  2. Pleasing to read you are both feeling much improved and going from strength to strength from now on. Good to have a son come visit to see if you both are doing ok.
    Love that sweet cat and what beautiful coloured eyes it has, hope someone shows up for it or it finds it's home.
    I too check things being a policeman's daughter, it's natural for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, much appreciate your thoughtful comment. You were a policeman's daughter? How lovely to have a kindred spirit :) The cat has not been seen since and am assuming she made her way home.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you are both feeling better. That is a very pretty cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, appreciate your concern very much :) Yes, looks well loved!

      Delete
  4. Pretty kitty. I am so glad you and your hubby are back to normal. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, appreciate your sweet comment. You take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  5. I am the checker in this house, its small so it doesn't take long. bob would just go to bed and leave windows open, doors unlocked etc. a couple of weeks ago, i settle my head on the pillow and thought, did i check to stove.. yes I did, but what if I did not, the longer i laid there tryhing to remember, I got up and checked it. that is my worst fear, FIRE . I close blinds, check locks, windows/doors, i don't hve to check the water because i can hear it all over our tiny house. yesterday, i went to my bathroom, and came out and said to bob, do you have the water running in the pool? he totally forgot it but i heard it in the walls running..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting Sandra. Another kindred spirit :) I woke up at three in the morning and as I came to bed before Gregg, I just had to go back down and check to see if everything was secure. Almost did it in a sleep-walk mode but went back to bed and fell asleep straight away.

      Delete
  6. Your checklist is valid. You save yourself some potential problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are well. Oven off is a big check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine and totally agree on that one :)

      Delete
  8. Hello! Glad you are feeling better! We are sharing an annoying head cold here. Have a cozy afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Billie Jo, thank you so much and I do hope you are feeling better too. I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  9. Bardzo się cieszę, ze jesteście już zdrowi. Lot jest piekny . Serdecznie pozdrawiam 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję za bardzo miłe słowa na temat mojego zdrowia. Jest to bardzo cenione. Mam nadzieję, że Twoje zdrowie również dopisuje :)

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous cat! Perhaps she came to your home because she knows how much you love animals and all creatures! She seems so wide-eyed and frightened. You made me smile about your going to bed routine. We always say that the more time goes on, the longer it takes us to get to bed. Seems when we were young, we could just get up and go to bed. But now there is an entire routine! Fill the coffee maker, check the doors, turn off our tech gadgets, set the thermostat, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely Ginny :) That's a lovely thought and I hope she saw that :) Your words are very true about when we are young compared to now.

      Delete
  11. What a pretty cat that is. I hope it finds it's way back home to it's family but then cats usually do eventually.
    I probably should be more diligent about a nightly check before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is isn't she. I'm hoping that too as we haven't seen her since. I think she just 'escaped' for a few hours. This checking every night was a gradual process over the years :)

      Delete
  12. That's good to know, Denise. The kitty is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so Angie and she certainly was :)

      Delete
  13. So glad to hear that you and your hubby are feeling better.
    Love that sweet kitty.

    Hugs and blessings, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Veronica, much appreciate your hugs and blessings, and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad you all are getting back to normal. No fun at all. Take it easy -- all in good time. Love that beauty of a cat; those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are true and thank you so much :) She was a pretty one wasn't she?

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!