Friday, June 16, 2023

WORTH REPEATING, SHE SPROUTED LOVE…


“She sprouted love like flowers, grew a garden in her mind, and even on the darkest days, from her smile the sun still shined.”


~Erin Hanson~



Born in 1981, Erin began painting as a young lady, learning oils, watercolor, pen and ink, pastels and life drawing from art instructors.  She began commissioning portraits of her neighbor's pets at age 10 and by age 12, she was employed after school by a mural studio, learning the techniques of acrylics on the grand scale of 40-foot canvases. Her first encounter with the Vincent Van Gogh painting "Irises" in elementary school was decisive and marked the beginning of her appreciation for Impressionism.



I planted a few deep red Siberian Lilies in the garden last summer.  I lost one when I found it had broken off at its base and it had been trampled.  That was that but I was very happy to see the remaining ones blooming two days ago.  

I turned this photo into a painting with my ArtCard app, and will share the original photo soon.  





32 comments:

  1. You did such a lovely job with the lilies. And the poem is very good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, thank you very much :) It makes me happy you enjoved.

      Delete
  2. She sprouted love like flowers, that is a goal for me. Your photo turned into a painting turned out very prettily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talented young woman. I love your treatment of your beautiful lilies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, she was. Thanks Sue, glad you liked the artsy effect :)

      Delete
  4. A beautiful cartoon conversion. Quite funky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for Roentare, I like a bit of wimsey every now and again :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise Margaret, much appreciate that :)

      Delete
  6. Pięknie wygląda fotografia zmieniona w obraz. Bardzo lubię dzieła Impresjonistów. Malowali w czasach kiedy już.istniala fotografia i to fotografie były często inspiracją ich dzieł. Milego weekendu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To bardzo interesujące, dziękuję bardzo! Lubię też sztukę impresjonistyczną. Życzę udanego tygodnia :)

      Delete
  7. Love the quote. Your lilies are beautiful and I like your edited photo of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you did so Ann :) Also happy you liked the lilies. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Excellent post and interesting as well. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, so glad you found it interesting :) Cheers!

      Delete
  9. Nice job on the flowers!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful lily and a lovely poem. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Eileen, and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  11. can't wait to see the photo. glad the others bloomed. so beautiful, you know home much I loved photo edits, this one is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, and I am very happy you enjoyed this edit. I certainly enjoy yours :)

      Delete
  12. so pretty denise, what a gorgeous flower!! you have wonderful talent on the computer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, thank you Debbie :) I appreciate the compliment but have to admit these apps make them so easy!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!