Friday, April 5, 2024

A CHANGE OF PACE - THE BEAR AND THE FAIRY AND WHERE KINDNESS BLOOMS

 


Whispers Beneath the Moonlight


In the heart of an ancient forest, where moonbeams wove their silver threads, 

A bear sat upon a mossy stone, his fur looked dark in midnight’s cloak. 

His eyes, kind and wise, held secrets of forgotten realms, 

And the moon, a silent witness, bathed him in its gentle glow.

Beside him sat a young fairy, her wings like gossamer petals, 

Her laughter a melody that echoed through the ancient trees. 

Her gown, spun from moonlight and dew, shimmered with ethereal grace, 

And her eyes sparkled with the innocence of a thousand starlit nights.


“Old friend,” she whispered, her voice a soft breeze, “why do you sit alone?” 

The bear turned his gaze upon her, and in that moment, time stood still. 

“For kindness,” he replied, “it is a treasure we must share, 

And in this enchanted forest, it blooms like wildflowers in spring.”

The fairy nodded, her tiny hand reaching out to touch his fur, 

And as their worlds converged, magic flowed between them. 

“Tell me,” she said, “of the kindness you’ve known, dear bear.” 

He closed his eyes, memories like constellations dancing within.


“I’ve seen it in the way the river cradles a wounded bird, 

How the ancient oak shelters the fragile ferns from winter’s chill. 

Kindness,” he murmured, “is the heartbeat of this forest, 

A symphony of compassion that resonates through every leaf.”


The fairy listened, her heart swelling with wonder, 

And together, they shared stories of kindness—small acts that mattered. 

The bear spoke of helping lost travelers find their way, 

While the fairy recounted how she mended broken butterfly wings.


As the moon climbed higher, their bond deepened, 

And kindness flowed like a gentle stream, connecting their souls. 

For in this magical forest, under the moon’s benevolent gaze, 

The bear and the fairy became stewards of compassion, guardians of grace.

And so they sat, side by side, weaving kindness into the very fabric of existence, 

Promising to carry it beyond the forest’s edge, into the world beyond. 

For in their whispered conversations, they discovered that kindness, 

Like moonlight, knows no boundaries—it simply is, and forever shall be.







The picture and poem are from AI, Copilot to be precise. AI is not for everyone, as I have seen comments where they give their very legitimate reasons. I understand but I am one who has embraced its ability to create the most beautiful art - I am a lover of all art forms - and I hope there will always be room for both human and AI creativity in this world. I gave a detailed description of what I wanted, and it gives many choices. Plus, it sews the words when I find them difficult to put together and I also, as I did with this poem, might change something here and there, when I need it to fit better with what I am trying to convey. It is not an exact science yet, I weave through several and a few pictures might have an occasional oddity. This picture and the poem were my favorites today. My one major important prompt for the poem was kindness. It is something we all need more of in this world.


I hope you enjoy and thank you so much for looking.  What are the small kindnesses you have you been given lately? 

Enjoy your day my friends!







40 comments:

  1. Totally amazing. Yes, we need more kindness around the world. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never guessed! And it created a wonderful and mystic picture to go with the story. I was waiting for the bio of the author, and what a surprise! A small kindness was sure done to both of us last week. We were snapping the blooming peach orchard, driving very slowly to do it. A truck honked at us, passed us, and cussed us out. A minute later, a lady in a truck pulled us over. She said those men were rude and did not know how to appreciate beauty. She showed us that she had been snapping as well. It sure took the sting out of a bad experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly sorry you encountered that Ginny. Thank goodness that nice lady stopped and treated you so kindly. She certainly was an angel and came just at the right time. There really is no excuse for such rudeness.

      Delete
  3. This is lovely. Kindness is always welcome isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this rejuvenation of kindness. I too am using a to assist me in writing some of the poetry I share at my blog! Sometimes I have to refine my promise, and I never publish anything whole cloth from AI. But in the material it gives me I find a thread and sometimes a phrase to create my own poem. Keep at it Denise, that was lovely. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome Cloudia :) What fun that you use it too. It certainly has opened up another venue of creativity for me. You keep at it too my friend, I always enjoy your photos and wise words.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful poem you revealed. The moonlight can be so mystical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree roentare, moonlight can be magical, especially with the shadows it casts. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. This is lovely and a very good use of AI as a tool, an assistant, rather than a master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice, I am happy you think so and very true!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely fairy tale...and i like the bear's caracter...if i sit beside him, i want to touch his fur too...He enjoy the night with young fairy with wise convertation. Thank's for this story Denise 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mbul Kecil :) Stories about bears always make them seem so approachable, unlike their relatives in the wild whom we must look at from afar, as cuddlable as they look. I only wish I could cuddle them, but I guess I will stick with my teddy bear ;)

      Delete
  8. Lovely. As I was reading it I was wondering if copilot created it. Although it's AI it still tends to have a certain quality to it that can be recognized. I enjoy asking it to write different things for me. I'm fascinated by it's abilities to put things together based on a few details that I provide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, they do have a feel about them don't they? It truly is fascinating.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. Yes, Thank you Denise.
    It's so right.
    It's great to indulge in dreams every now and then, but the greatest thing is to bring kindness into the world... and that starts in small ways...
    many happy greetings to you. I wish you a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Viola, and thank you :) I couldn't have put it better myself. Greetings to you and I wish you a nice day also.

      Delete
  10. The poem and image are beautiful. Acts of kindness are always welcome.
    Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are and thank you Eileen. I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  11. This is beautiful and an excellent example of using AI as a tool, a helper, rather than relying on it completely.
    The poem and picture are ethereal!

    Have a great weekend, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica Lee, I am happy you like it and I agree with you :)

      Delete
  12. Like both Denise. You did well on both accounts. I too just love AI as you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great and I know I have a kindred spirit with you through AI. That's lovely!

      Delete
  13. I guessed it was AI, because I agree with Ann, there is a quality that comes through, yours is much better than the few I have done, because you mastered the description. I need to practice on what I tell it. the art is amazing and I really love it. I wonder how one of these would print. I may try that just to see. its a lovely story with a purpose. The purpose being spreading Kindness, which we all new to practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sandra :) What I have found is the more detail you give it the better. Sometimes there are too many details and I have to back off with my requests, but I always come out with something I enjoy, after several tries. It's fun trying. Putting egos aside and getting kindness out into the world is very important, that's for sure.

      Delete
  14. Such a lovely and heart warming poem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, that's more or less what I said when I put this post together :)

      Delete
  16. How very lovely and magical this tale and picture presents. It's quite amazing work by AI. Kindness visits me so many times each day, Denise. I only have to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are blessed to see them Martha Ellen and as you say, we only have to pay attention. Thank you!

      Delete
  17. Ai is pretty amazing. I haven't been hooked yet. I like this pic and the poem. People in our village are often being kind to each other and me. My daughters are ever so kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, and that’s lovely about your daughters and your villagers. That brings a smile.

      Delete
  18. What a beautiful story. And a lovely and whimsical photo to go along with the words.

    Oh, to answer you question.....I mentioned some of the small kindnesses I was given lately on my post today. They were actually big kindnesses, and my car broke down and needed to be taken to the shop. So good of people to help me that day. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, so glad you enjoyed. How wonderful you were shown those kindnesses when your car broke down. Does my heart good to know that my friend :)

      Delete
  19. Beautiful AI image and poetry. Kindness is needed so much today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverley, glad you enjoyed it and I agree, very much so!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!