Monday, December 4, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES

As I haven’t made any new recipes this week, I found this on my now closed older blog. I am transferring favorite ones ever so slowly, and the link still works. I found it here at Healthy Recipes. I always recommend visiting the original for reading their tips, looking at their photos and finding other delicious recipes. 

Baked Zucchini Fries - makes 2 servings

Approximate calories per serving: 153


Olive oil cooking spray (about 1 teaspoon oil)

2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 large and firm zucchinis, unpeeled (about 12 ozs. total weight)


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil cooking spray. 

In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites until frothy.

In a large bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.

Cut zucchinis in half crosswise, then halve each half lengthwise and into 1/4-inch thick fries. Pat dry using paper towels. Place the fries in the bowl with the beaten egg whites to coat. Transfer them to the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat.

Arrange zucchini fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, spacing them a little. Lightly spray with olive oil spray.

Bake 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven. Carefully turn fries. Spray again and bake 15 more minutes.

Serve immediately.



These fries came out nice and crispy and make a wonderful side dish. I can even see them being used as a snack with some of your favorite dressings. 


Thanks for visiting and have a great week.





36 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, thanks for sharing! Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen and thank you. You take care and have a great week also :)

      Delete
  2. Yum, they sound good. I'll have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'd love to know what you think of them when you do :) Thanks Ann :)

      Delete
  3. They look great and easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice and simple and delicious :) Thanks Angie :)

      Delete
  4. Yummm! Tantalizing! 😋
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica Lee, happy you think so. Hugs and blessings to you also :)

      Delete
  5. oooooh i love this and these. we get these as an appetizer in carrabbas and cheesecake factory and they are so good!! now i can make the at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, that's great Debbie :) I'll have to remember that. It's been a long time sent I went to those places. Carrabbas closed near us. I was sad to see it go.

      Delete
  6. Yum. They look delicious. I love zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena, much appreciated. I love zucchini too :)

      Delete
  7. i am drooling just looking at these, just like my heart dog drools. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that made me smile, thanks Sandra. Give heart dog a scratch on the ears for me :)

      Delete
  8. These look delicious. I love zucchini and I love fries...so these can only be a winner:) I hope that you are doing well this Monday. So grateful for all your visits to my blog...so sorry that I have been out of touch for a bit, but your comments are always such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, they are very yummy and they make a nice change of pace :) I am well and thank you so much for asking. I hope you are the same. Don't worry about not stopping by regularly, only too happy for your visit now. Sometimes it is very hard to keep up, there are so many of us. As much as I love when everyone visits, I get so far behind at times but I think we all understand :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, these do look yummy and with dressing on the side--Yum! I wish there was a zucchini in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen. Zucchini is on our shopping list again :)

      Delete
  10. Courgettes/Zucchini are very versatile.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are Jan. Do you still get marrow over there? I used to love it when mum cooked them. They were always so delicious. I was surprised when I first saw zucchini here. They looked like a miniature marrow but the taste was different somehow. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  11. Well that looks delicious and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find myself wondering if I'll ever eat zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fried zucchini looks delicious. My dad had a garden, and he would gather up all the zucchini he had that day, and my mom would cook it for supper that night. This looks so good.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, a lovely memory of your mom and dad :)

      Delete
  14. I could sink my teeth into those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!