Thursday, October 3, 2024

FLOWERS, BUTTERFLIES AND BEES AND A QUOTE

Back to a few summer flowers and their friends, and ours. My photos are when I visited Meadowlark Gardens a while back.  The bees were enjoying the Zinnia...


as was the Monarch enjoying this Purpletop vervain...


and lastly the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on Pickerelweed. The bees were enjoying them also, but it is hard to see the one in the photo.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."


I hope you are all having a great week so far, and I thank you for stopping by.








"Maya Angelou (4/4/28 - 5/28/14) was born Marguerite Annie Johnson. She was an American memoirist, poet and civil rights activist. She published seven autobiographies, three books of essays, several books of poetry and is credited with a list of plays, movies and television shows spanning over 50 years. She received dozens of awards and more than 50 honorary degrees. Ms. Angelou's series of seven autobiographies focus on her childhood and early adult experience. The first, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969), tells of her life up to the age of 17 and brought her international recognition and acclaim." More can be read if you click on her name underneath the quote I used above.


8 comments:

  1. I love your flutterbyes and struggle to photograph their beauty. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Denise. I hardly ever see a butterfly in m garden, probablly haven't got the plants they like.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three bees vying for space on the zinnia! It's lovely to see the bees and butterflies doing what they do best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three bees vying for space on the zinnia! It's lovely to see the bees and butterflies doing what they do best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these. Not only are the flowers pretty but so are their visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The process of metamorphosis in insects is incredible. When I speak to classes of young children nothing fascinates them more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bees and butterflies. I read Angelou's first book in jr high, the year it was published. I hope its not banned now. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!