Monday, February 12, 2024

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE - SERVINGS: 1

I haven't tried a mug cake for a while and this one sounded so good. You can find it at Sweet2EatBaking hosted by Lisa. The original recipe is at this link.  If you would like to see great tips for making it, I recommend visiting Lisa's site, also to see other great recipes.  Thank you Lisa for a very yummy dessert.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake - serves 1

Preparation time: 5 minutes

Cooking time: 1 minute

Total time: 6 minutes


2 tablespoons unsalted butter

40g (1.4 oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped

1 medium egg

2 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

Pinch of salt

3 tablespoons of self-raising flour (if you don't have any self-raising flour, substitute plain/all-purpose flour and add an additional ¼ tsp baking powder)

2 tablespoons peanut butter

Optional: 1 tablespoon salted peanuts, coarsely chopped and additional peanut butter to put on the top when cooked


Add the butter and chocolate to a large microwave-safe mug and microwave in short 20-second bursts until melted.

Add the egg and milk and beat with a fork until smooth.

Add the sugar, salt and flour and beat again until smooth. Microwave for 30 seconds then gently add the peanut butter to the top of the batter - do not stir.

Microwave again for around 1 minute to 1 minute 10 seconds, or until cooked.

(optional) top with more peanut butter or with peanut butter and peanut sprinkled on top.


Lisa gives ideas for add-ons.

If you want a more chocolate-y flavor, remove 1 tablespoon of flour and add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.

Again, to add more depth of flavor, add a pinch of instant espresso powder. It doesn't add a coffee flavor, just gives the chocolate flavor an incredible depth.


Changes made:

I didn't have any dark chocolate. I did have Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips in the pantry and used those instead.

I substituted walnut halves that I roughly chopped as I always keep them handy for a quick snack. Didn't have peanuts at the time.

A scoop of vanilla ice-cream went very nicely with this.

I felt this made enough for two servings and ended up leaving half for the next day. My dear other half is not a fan of chocolate.  He does enjoy oatmeal and raisin cookies. I have several of those recipes on here, but these are his favorite. I made them minus the chocolate chips, substituting raisins and chopped walnuts.


If you would like to copy and paste instead of using the link at the beginning of the recipe, here is the address in full.  

https://www.sweet2eatbaking.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-mug-cake-recipe/


"Wanted: Chocolate with the nutritional value of kale, but that does not contain any traces of kale. Your move, science."

~Author unknown~


Thanks for looking and have a great week.




24 comments:

  1. Yuuuum! This looks wonderful Denise! I love chocolate, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have printed this, and am going to make it. Since it has protein in it, I can legitimately claim it is breakfast. But I don't have a scale, so can't measure ounces. How much chips did you put in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Ginny :) I.4 ozs. works out at 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. I didn't measure them and just threw in a big handful.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! Sometimes you just want a little bit of cake!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise,
    The mug cake sounds yummy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen. Thank you and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  5. Yum. This is perfect when you want something sweet but don't want too much sitting around to tempt you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, great portion control :) Very yummy and I even found it enough to split in two and have the other portion the next day.

      Delete
  6. the last time you mentioned mug cake, i made one with out sugar, it was ok but not delish. this one looks devine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would be happy with this one Sandra, it really was delicious :)

      Delete
  7. The mug cake looks great! Perfect for when the craving hits :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely perfect without going overboard Angie :)

      Delete
  8. That's a great option for those of us who don't want a full 9x13 pan of brownies hanging around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mug cakes are great!
    Thanks for sharing this Denise, I'm sure it tasted good.

    We sometimes enjoy a lower carb version.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan and I would like to see your lower carb version. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  10. It looks very tasty and healthy. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!