Monday, January 1, 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - WALNUT AND BLUE CHEESE-STUFFED MUSHROOMS

Happy New Year Everyone!

May it be a joyous one for you all.

If you visit this link it will give you another wonderful version of Auld Lang Syne, which I mentioned yesterday.  


I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but these sound interesting.  

Which ones will you do? 

Are there any you would like to add?

1. Learn something new.

2. Tell people you love them.

3. Set healthy boundaries.

4. Get outside when you can.

5. Be truthful but not hurtful.

6. Read good books.

7. Sing in the shower.

8. Allow your feelings to breathe.

9. Be delighted by small things.

10. Take responsibility.

11. Practice seeing goodness.

12. Speak kindly to yourself.

13. Speak kindly to and of others, but know your worth.

14. Everyone works very hard so, let us give ourselves a little bit of the lazy.

15. Remember your dreams.

16. Take a walk in the woods, and enjoy the nature that surrounds us.

17. Swallow your pride.

18. Mend a few fences.

19. Stay compassionate and hopeful.

20. Have faith that there is always someone who loves you.






Here in the States it is traditional to fix Hoppin’ John on New Year’s Day.  You can see a recipe I made here

I also decided to go ahead with sharing a Monday recipe.  Today's came from 'Inspired by Charm', hosted by Michael. You can find the original recipe here.


Walnut and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms:

Serves: 20

Calories per serving: approximately 55


24 large fresh mushrooms (other suggestions were white button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms)

1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs

1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese

1/3 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/3 cup crumbled Blue Cheese (if you are not a fan of Blue Cheese you can use Feta or Goat Cheese)

1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts

1-2 tablespoons olive oil  



Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. 

Clean the mushrooms and remove and discard the stems. Place the mushrooms stem side up on a baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, sour cream, parsley, garlic, black pepper, blue cheese, and toasted walnuts. 

To toast walnuts (this can be done earlier before you start the recipe) spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, or until they become fragrant.  It doesn't take long for them to start burning so we need to keep an eye on them.

Spoon this mixture into the mushroom caps. Lightly brush with olive oil.

Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown on top and heated through. 

Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley.

We enjoyed this very much and didn't make any changes. If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container and use in two days. Reheat in the oven for best results.

These can be made in advance. Prepare them the day before up to the point of putting them in the oven. Store them in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. When you're ready to serve, bake as directed.

I have been adding the full web address link at the end of my recipe posts. This is in case you prefer to cut and paste rather than use the links above.

https://inspiredbycharm.com/walnut-and-blue-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms/


Thank you for stopping by, have a great week and have a great year!





44 comments:

  1. These reminders are so good. I gonna pin it up on my vision board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I have it as a reminder nearby too :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year. I hope it is packed with love and laughter for you and Gregg. No resolutions here, though I do tell the people I love how special they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy New Year to you too Sue and I wish you the same. I think what you are doing is the most important of all :)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret and to you and yours also :)

      Delete
  4. Those are wonderful reminders for us all! May this be the wonderful year you deserve my friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Cloudia, and I wish you the same :) Aloha!

      Delete
  5. Those stuffed mushrooms look mouthwatering, Denise. I am not the one who makes resolutions either, but these seems really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you like the look of them Angie. No, no new resolutions either. However, the reminder of this list is good to have around :)

      Delete
  6. "Everyone works very hard so, let us give ourselves a little bit of the lazy."

    😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A touch of the lazy is needed at times Sandi, lol!

      Delete
  7. Lovely mushroom recipe, Denise. We would enjoy them. As for resolutions, I don't make them, but I sure do love the list you have posted! Happy New Year to you and your dear ones, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, thank you Martha Ellen. So glad you enjoyed this list. Happy New Year to you and yours also my dear friend :)

      Delete
  8. I don't do resolutions either but that is a good list. I already do several things on it. Or at least try to.
    Those mushrooms look delicious. I had never heard of Hoppin John so I went and looked at that post. It really looks good. I'm sure I would like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann and yes, we're all trying, that's the important thing. None of us are perfect. I will be making the Hopping John for later :)

      Delete
  9. Oh and I forgot to say Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Denise. The stuffed mushrooms look delicious.
    Take care, have a wonderful first week of January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my mushroom recipe. Thank you Eileen and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, and a happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  12. a super great list of things to do, not saying I will, but might get around to a few of them. can't sing in the shower, have to focus on not falling down, ha ha.. i do have someone who loves me and his name is BEAU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all we can ask for, doing a few of these would be great. I know what you mean about focusing in the shower, especially lately, lol! And I'd venture to say that there are a lot of us out here who love you. Sure glad you're feeling the love from Beau, he's a doll!

      Delete
  13. I can’t imagine that anyone can take issue with any of those resolutions (lifestyle choices?). How many we will follow through on is another matter entirely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree David but if we can do even a few of these, that would be amazing. Living in hope here :)

      Delete
  14. Those mushrooms look good! As for the resolutions, I did not make one this year but try to follow 2,4,5,6,9,11,15,16 and 19 as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those numbers are impressive Jim and I bet no. 20 is well taken care of also :)

      Delete
  15. I love your resolutions and am inspired by your ideas. I know I should be kind but sometimes I forget to show it through actions. Happy New Year, my friend. I look forward to 2024's posts from one of my favorite online friends - you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you have made my day Carol, that is so sweet of you to say that. I expect you take care of number 13 all the time. You've certainly done that with me today, but most definitely remember to know your worth :) Happy New Year to you too my friend.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too my friend. I have been thinking of you and David, especially with everything going on. May 2024 be your best ever :)

      Delete
  17. This looks delicious Denise! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, Happy New Year to you also :)

      Delete
  18. You are sharing lots of good things on this first day of 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, sometimes it just turns out that way :)

      Delete
  19. Stuffed shrooms look WONDERFUL!
    I do all those things on that list just by nature.
    Excited for 2024. I believe it's the year we move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, happy you think so :) Good for you on that list. Exciting times coming up with your move. That’s wonderful too.

      Delete
  20. What a great list of "Dos" for a New Year, Denise, and while I do not make resolutions, this list is definitely do-able, thanks for posting. I hope that 2024 is a good year for all and that we are healthy & happy as well. I have enjoyed your posts in 2023 even if not commenting on every one. Looking forward to "seeing" you in blog-land this new year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy :) and I wish the same for you and Patrick. I also look forward to more of your lovely posts in 2024.

      Delete
  21. Happy New Year wishes to you and your family.
    Those stuffed mushrooms look delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan. All the best to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!