Friday, April 28, 2023

ON OUR WAY TO BURKE LAKE PARK

Photos taken of pretty homes on our way to Burke Lake Park, those posts can be found at this link.  I have always enjoyed looking at different styles of the places we see.  The one above looks like a converted barn.  


This is our base, our favorite place,
Our beginning and end to each day.
It's our triumph and glory, 
That these walls tell their stories
As they soak up all we do and say.
This is our space.  Each corner is laced
With items we've chose with care,
From sweet-scented candles, 
To fixtures and handles,
The atmosphere's just right to share.
So near or so far, wherever you are,
No matter where we choose to roam,
We live and we learn, but we always return
This the place we call home.

~Ms. Moem~


"Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest."

~Robert Montgomery


"His native home deep imag'd in his soul."

~Homer, from The Oddyssey~


The last photo is of a barn we have been passing by for years.    There have always been horses in the surrounding fields but none today.  I can see this being turned into a lovely home, but I would miss seeing the horses.


The common denominator of all these places?  There are a lot of trees nearby.  This is quite a change from the semi-arid land when we lived in Southern California.  I would miss these trees if we moved.  We have no plans but as the old saying goes, never say never and if that day ever comes, please let us have lots of trees.




30 comments:

  1. They are very well kept up and lovely and large. I love the pale blue color of this last barn, so unusual and beautiful. Peaceful and restful. There is a house around here pretty much like your first one, looking like a big black converted barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are :) There are much smaller, well-kept cottages not too far away, very old that are absolutely charming.

      Delete
  2. What a truly lovely drive. Trees are important to me too. I am glad that there are a LOT in our neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are and I am glad you have many in your neighborhood. Thank you Sue :)

      Delete
  3. The homes in their bushland setting look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Margaret, I have always enjoyed passing them on our road trips :) thank you!

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful facades of well-built mansions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first house is my favourite..and the surrounding is also very nice and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all for the trees that are surrounding them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful homes and landscapes! I'd never want to move!
    Happy Weekend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would either Donna, it is all very picturesque. Thank you and happy weekend to you also :)

      Delete
  8. Hello,
    The homes are pretty and I love the trees too. Our house is mostly surrounded by trees and the watershed for the reservoir. Love the poem. Take care, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful having all those trees around you Eileen. Thank you and you have a great weekend also :)

      Delete
  9. all are beautiful, the one I would choose is the first one, love it best of all. first barn I have seen with fan window over the door, in the last one. it would make a lovely home. I love there are no homes right next door, our neighbors are right on top of us and I do not like that at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, our homes are very close to each other also and I have often wished we had more space between them :)

      Delete
  10. Picture perfect photos Denise. There's a lot of land around each building. How wonderful to have so much space where mature trees can grow and flourish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) that's very true about the trees.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. You are very welcome Christine, so glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  12. Saying a big yes to those wonderful trees that keep the heat at bay! Those structures are picturesque and certainly anyone in them is fortunate in a world where some are homeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Penelope, I wish something could be done. It shouldn't be the case in this day and age.

      Delete
  13. Lovely sights to see through your photographs.
    Trees are important to me too, we have been fortunate to always have them around us.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some nice looking homes. I love trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yogi, I agree and I love those trees also :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!