Monday, April 17, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - A SIMPLE WAY OF BAKING SALMON

There is no recipe for this one.  As my oven runs a bit on the cool side, I preheated mine to 425 degrees F., but 400 degrees otherwise.  

Next, I put the salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzled with avocado oil spray (olive oil is good also).  Sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder and put it in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.  When it is easy to flake with a fork it should be done.  You can use a cooking thermometer to test the internal temperature (125 degrees F.).  There is an article giving you more information at this link.

I placed it on a bed of spring greens, along with 1/2 cup of quinoa cooked to the directions on its packet.  Slices of tomato and lemon finished it off.  I also squeezed lemon juice over before eating.  Lastly, chopped parsley leaves on the top, and that's it.

If you like salmon, this was a nice easy and fast way to get a meal on the table.  You can pop it under the broiler if you would like it a little more golden, but it burns easily so you will have to watch it.  

I started cooking the quinoa before preparing the salmon.  By the time the salmon was finished, the quinoa was already to put on the plate. I prepared all the other ingredients while the salmon was in the oven, and it all came together quickly.  

An added note: a couple of my blogging friends mentioned about the pronunciation of this grain, so I found a YouTube (lasts 59 seconds) which gives you the correct pronuncation.  You can hear it at this link. Quinoa sounds like "KEEN-whah".  There you go!  I only found this out myself not so long ago.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is a great one.




38 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And so fresh looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love salmon and this is a good looking dish you made of it. I must try this. Love the tomato and greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, it was a nice combination and suited our food tastes :)

      Delete
  3. That does look lovely, bet it tasted ever so good, love salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love salmon too Margaret, and it was very tasty :)

      Delete
  4. I gonna get some nice king salmon in restaurant now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love salmon prepared at any way! This looks mouthwatering, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, I'm the same way with different preparations, I like it all.

      Delete
  6. Sounds yummy, it is nice having different recipes for salmon. Have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like variety :) thank you Eileen and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  7. We love a salmon steak...with lemon!lol
    Looks wonderful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I love lemon in a lot of things. Hugs to you also :)

      Delete
  8. Your food looks appetizing. It's a good way to serve and enjoy a delicious meal of salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. I have never tried quinoa. For the longest time I didn't even know how to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I have eaten quinoa for years but only found out how to pronounce it a couple of years ago :) If you like grains you might like this.

      Delete
  10. I have yet to taste quinoa, and this does look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, it's not everyone's cup of tea. I just love eating grains.

      Delete
  11. Delicious! Ever since I got a new oven, it bakes as per recipes! The old one burned everything it was so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine and that's interesting about your oven. We will probably have to retire ours sometime but are trying to coax a little more life out of it :)

      Delete
  12. That sounds simple and is attractively presented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still trying to convince myself that I like Quinoa!! Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good. Salmon is my favorite fish! I have only one concern: I wish I knew how you pronounce the name of that grain? I ordered a quinoa bowl the other day at a restaurant and the waitress corrected my pronunciation. Now I'm not sure if I was wrong or she was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, it is pronounced “KEEN-waa”. I added a short Youtube link on its pronunciation. Thanks for mentioning it.

      Delete
  15. I have a bag of frozen filets in the freezer so I'll look forward to trying this method of cooking the salmon. Happy fresh week to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, I hope you enjoy it :) Happy fresh week to you too.

      Delete
  16. Salmon is a favourite in our house :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my all-time favorites too :) all the best!

      Delete
  17. Hello Denise :=) I ate Salmon at lunch with boiled potatoes with lemon butter and broccoli, but I enjoy it in different ways, and I shall try your way of cooking it, as it looks delicious.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonjia :) That does sound lovely! I would enjoy that too. I hope you like this version.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!