Thursday, March 4, 2021

THIS MONTH'S QUIZ QUESTIONS - ANSWERS TOMORROW

I am starting off with a mini ramble today.  Yesterday we received our first Covid-19 vaccination.  We expected to have a long wait looking at all the people we followed into the building, with many more making their way behind us.  However, there were 35 tables and not one spot empty.  Our long line moved steadily, we were separated the six feet thanks to the small round circles on the floor, and everyone wore a mask.  I was not looking forward to being in a crowd again after all this time but was quite comfortable with how they had organized us.  The young nurse was very warm and friendly and after asking us a few questions, hubs and I got our jabs.  We were out of the building in half an hour, and that included the 15 minutes waiting time to see if we had any reaction.  We could hardly feel the injection, the needle was so small.  Hubs did not have any soreness in his arm afterwards, I have a little though it is already disappearing.  I was a bit nervous beforehand but won't be when we are called the second time.  She did say that we might have three days of discomfort with that one, slight fever, tiredness, etc. but I won't hesitate.  Just glad the process has started.  Several of our family and friends have had the full dose, others are still waiting.  We thought we would be too.  Now onto this month's trivia questions.


Which U.S. City is known as the City of Brotherly Love?  


Ludwig Van Beethoven was born in 1770 in which city?


What is the most expensive home in the world?


Which mammal has no vocal cords?


What type of music has been known to help plants grow faster?


What is the rarest M & M color?



Thanks for stopping by.  There will be another quiz next month.  Answers to this one tomorrow.  

Have a great day!






(my llama photo was taken on one of our road trips years ago, a favorite photo of mine)



30 comments:

  1. We had the same experience getting our vaccines that you both did. Oh my, I always only seem to know the answer to one of the questions! Plants love classical music. If you play them heavy metal, they will get sick and die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, so glad you got your vaccines. Knowing that plants grow with music makes me smile. It tells me that every living thing, plants included, we are all connected. I personally love classical music but never have been a fan of heavy metal. As the old saying goes, 'twud' be a boring old world if we liked the same things.

      Delete
  2. The only ones I thought I knew were the plant music and the M&M color. The M&M I knew because Alexa asked it for Question of the Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay, I hear Alexa is very mart :) One day if we say, now where are those glasses, purse, keys, etc., she will pipe up and tell us.

      Delete
  3. I certainly know the city of brotherly love but am vague on Beethoven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in Carol, fun to find out these things. Hope you'll come back tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. so happy you both got the first one and it was no hassles or danger. Bob got his yesterday, we were in an out in 20 minutes including the 15 wait period. we got Moderna, what did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra and happy you got your shots. We got Pfizer.

      Delete
  5. So glad you got your first dose! I know the first one is Philly, I believe it's jazz that makes plants grow faster, and the rarest M&M color is brown. No clue on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha :) Fun to read everyone's answers. I enjoy reading them but don't know them all. Love learning though.

      Delete
  6. Oh, gosh. My brain is full. I'm glad you have your jab! We'll see how this all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are days when I feel the same way Jenn, and with me I find it hard to string a sentence together :) Yes, we'll see.

      Delete
  7. I know one of these so that's a miserable 20%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not miserable at all Red, I know what a smart man you are :)

      Delete

  8. Ludwig van Beethoven was born in Bonn.
    Vaccination in Poland is slow and many people are afraid of side effects.
    Lots of health :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucyna. I do hope you will be able to get the vaccinations soon. I have heard of the side effects and it does give one pause. Lots of good health to you too :)

      Delete
  9. I only know Beethoven and the mammal! Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased you've both had your first vaccinations.
    That is a very nice photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on both counts Jan :) All the best to you too.

      Delete
  11. Now I feel really dumb. I only got one. I had a flu shot this year, so I will roll with that. Glad to hear no after effects from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy :). and these are just for fun. I don’t know the answers to a lot of these, that’s why I do them.

      Delete
  12. Fun questions today, Denise. These make me feel better than most of your quizzes.
    I'm so happy to hear you both have had your first dose. We have had both doses now, and I can't tell you how thrilled we are! At our hospital the process went so smoothly as well. I hope we have herd immunity before long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy you enjoyed them Martha Ellen :) Yes, it is good to start the process (vaccinations) and good to know you have had both of yours. So glad you also had a smooth experience and I wish us all the same.

      Delete
  13. Good you got your shots. Will look forward to the answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. The answers are up now :)

      Delete
  14. We go to get our jabs this coming week...I sure hope we don't have to wait long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, I hope you don’t have to wait long either. I keep hearing from different areas that they had a similar experience to us, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!