Wednesday, March 17, 2021

DUCKS AND GEESE

 An old post revisited.   This is a Egyptian Goose.  You can click on any of their names to learn more.  


Here we have a Blue Swedish Duck.  

They have a Mallard ancestry.


 

I shared this one recently, a Bar-headed Goose.


A Blue-headed Mallard.  I was surprised to see the color of his head.  There is an explanation here.  The green headed ones I am more used to seeing.





This one has a pretty light brown color, a female I think.  The male has a brown hood and a buff-colored body.  There are also chickens described as Buff Orpingtons.  I didn't find much information but the above site shared some if you would like to take a look.  



I sure got a kick out of these geese running down to us as we were bending over the fence trying to take their photos.  I think they were used to people feeding them, and when they saw us they were hopeful.  Sorry duckies!
We thanked them for giving us such a chuckle, and we left smiling.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.





28 comments:

  1. Goodness, I have never seen ANY of these kind of ducks! The closest I have come is the Green headed Mallards. the Egyptian one fascinates me, he looks like he is wearing eye makeup. I am going to his link now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of years and a lot of places to get this variety Ginny :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I hope you felt guilty for not having food for them?
    Beautiful birds - and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome and pretty creatures. It’s wonderful you got a kick out of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, always have and always will :)

      Delete
  4. They are all adorable. Thanks for giving us a smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to bring you a smile Martha, thank you :)

      Delete
  5. they are all absolutey beautiful, the swedish is my pick, love black and white. awesome photos, i can count the feathers they are so clear

    ReplyDelete

  6. I like ducks and geese because they are such happy birds. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lucyna, they have always made me happy too :) Thank you!

      Delete
  7. There are Egytian ducks in S Florida and I've seen regular mallards. I'm not familiar with the rest but they look delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW!! you have some really beautiful images here denise. i have seen many blue headed mallards and i always just thought they were "blue headed mallards". those mallards are always up to some funny business, so it just made sense!! i clicked to read the explanation and i see i was wrong. i will have to pay more attention next time....that is so cool!!

    the egytian duck and the bar headed duck, real beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you get to see the blues. So interesting to see the differences. Thanks Debbie :)

      Delete
  9. I so love the ones of them running to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still chuckle at that memory, thanks Rose :)

      Delete
  10. That was fun! I posted a blue headed mallard once and asked people to help with ID. Real birders and people like you who do their research are so patient with people like me! I always appreciate the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sallie, so glad you found it fun :) I'm always so grateful when blogging friends help me and I appreciate it very much. Always happy to share what I learn.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!