Wednesday, May 15, 2019

GOLDFINCH DECK CAMERA PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

When I downloaded the photos from the deck camera, I was surprised and delighted to see that we had been visited by the American Goldfinch. This is another bird that I hope will come back.

A small finch with a short, conical bill and a small head, long wings and short, notched tail.  It is smaller than a Tufted Titmouse.  I read all this at the link in red above.

You can hear its call on this page.
"One thing is certain, and I have always known it.  The joys of my life have nothing to do with age.  They do not change.  Flowers, the morning and evening light, music, poetry, silence, the goldfinches darting about."
~Mary Sarton~





A lovely poem that I found.
He often in the trees did sing,
With lively notes light as wings,
And to all the other birds he brings
Happiness and delight.

His song as lively as his yellow hue,
The bird I know is never blue,
Unlike the somber birds that flew
Around during the night.

The Mourning Dove with its mourning call
Does call a call, the saddest of all
And the wind does blow, and the rain does fall
And the skies aren't blue.

But the Goldfinch sings an upbeat song
So that all the chipmunks scamper along
And the sparrows search for the iron lung
Of the once dull bird they knew.
But now that spring has come to the fields,
The Goldfinch has laid down his brown winter shield
And now a yellow coat he feels
Around his happy heart.

And all the birds say, "sing again!"
And the Goldfinch chirps for all his friends 
And they all erupt in a happy blend
Of music, and of art.

~Telemachus~

And I thought I would show you this, one of my gifts from our son and daughter-in-law for Mother's Day.  I love it!
Beautiful flowers from Gregg, along with a pretty card which is on the mantle shelf.  This card from son and daughter-in-law. 

Thank you My Darlings!  My Mother's Day was very special.


Have a great day everyone, and thanks for stopping by.




20 comments:

  1. these birds are the color of joy, like flying yellow flowers. so beautiful and cute. I love seeing them pecking away... doves are so sweet and dumb and make such beautiful sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Love the goldfinches and the doves. Their 'morning' call is my alarm clock in the mornings. A peaceful and beautiful way to start the day :)

      Delete
  2. the flowers are gorgeous and that little bird is the perfect gift. it looks exactly like the one in your photos today....thanks for letting me know you updated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming back Sandra :) Looking at my gift right now and loving the thought behind it.

      Delete
  3. Lindas e belas fotografias destes magníficos pássaros.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado! Estou feliz que você tenha gostado dos pássaros. Um abraço e uma boa semana para você.

      Delete
  4. Hello, The Goldfinches are looking bright and beautiful. Lovely captures. Your flowers and figurine are pretty. Love the poem! Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen and wishing you a happy day also.

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are gorgeous! I even like the pretty pot, which could be reused. We love Goldfinches. They are like little bits of sunlight come to earth. And now they will be yours! Very good poem. Your little goldfinch calendar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, I love my little calendar too, as well as the thoughtfulness behind it. Goldfinches are like little bits of sunshine. A lovely way of putting it.

      Delete
  6. LOVE the photos! The Goldfinch is the bird I would make if I was the one who invented birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love those photos/stills from the video, so clear and so much detail. I too love seeing the Goldfinches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill. It is a great little camera.

      Delete
  8. Great capture of the yellow finch they flit about so fast. Lovely mom's day gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Denise, I so enjoyed seeing your deck cam photos of the goldfinch! I think they are so darling. Your Mother's Day gift is a lovely reminder of the beauty of a goldfinch. I love the calendar figurine. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen and thank you, so glad you enjoyed. I love downloading them to see what I find. You have a lovely week too.

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful post, I loved your goldfinch, and I'm so pleased that your Mother's Day was very special. Here in the UK we celebrated ours on 31 March.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, my goldfinches have moved on now. I remember giving my mum a bunch of daffodils on her Mother's Day. That was a tradition in our family and she always loved them.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!