Wednesday, July 19, 2017

BACK TO THE FAIRY GARDEN....


Every time we go for our walk at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, I never fail to stop by the fairy garden.  



Even fairies and gnomes like to spend time at the beach.



"Spread your wings...



and let the fairy in you fly."



"If I am honest I have to tell you I still read fairy tales and I like them best of all."
~Audrey Hepburn~


"The fairy poet takes a sheet
Of moonbeam, silver white;
His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
His pen a point of light."
~Joyce Kilmer~



"The wall is silence, the grass is sleep,
Tall trees of peace their vigil keep,
And the Fairy of Dreams with moth-wings furled
Plays soft on her flute to the drowsy world."
~Ida Rentoul Outhwaite~




"And as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know.  There are fairies everywhere: under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day.  So listen, touch and look around - in the air and on the ground.  And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.
~Author Unknown~



Hand in hand, with fairy grace,
Will we sing and bless this place."
~William Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream~



"Why should we strive, with cynic frown, to knock their fairy castles down?"
~Eliza Cook~



"Soft moss a downy pillow makes, 
And green leaves spread a tent,
Where Faerie fold may rest 
And sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, 
The firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, 
Sleep, Faeries all, Good Night."
~Elizabeth T. Dillingham - A Faery Song~



37 comments:

  1. I think I like the last quote best of all! I LOVE Fairy Gardens! My favorite here is the three story green roofed house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, I never really thought about Fairy Gardens until I saw this one, but now I find them enchanting. This is the best one I have ever seen so far.

      Delete
  2. Lovely - I particularly like the flutterby wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous. Picture No.2 fascinated me, I felt a million miles away hovering over that scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, it is a fascinating place.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I love the quotes and poems. The Fairy Garden is cute, I like the butterflies. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them Eileen. Happy Thursday to you too.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure children love this spot! My girls would be enthralled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, I love the beach scene best of all... and now I wonder what happens when they have a rain storm, do they have to go back and reset it all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, that is a great question. I am sure they must.

      Delete
  7. It's a lovely spot, Denise, and I will admit that I had never seen a fairy garden before😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy, I have known about this one for several years now but it was the first one I have ever been to and I haven't seen one elsewhere.

      Delete
  8. I really thought the last picture very interesting, a magical place for young and old alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Jimmy. The last photo shows a drinking fountain of one very similar to a life-size one I found in a town several miles away from here.

      Delete
  9. It is a beautiful and enchanting place, Denise! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fairy gardens. I have same question as Sandra..wondering if the rain ruins them, and they have to be fixed over and over. I've only ever made one in my life- and it was with succulents. I kept in on my back porch until I killed the plants. So I probably won't do that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, this fairy garden changes slightly throughout each season and I am sure they must have to deal with the weather. They always take great care of it which impresses me greatly. In the winter they cover special pieces with large glass domes.

      Delete
  11. Oh how lovely and affecting, D!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. I always wonder who lives in the mushrooms/ toadstools that come up in our garden :-)) Hope you have a good Friday. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there you go Diane, you have fairies in your garden :) You have a great Friday too.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing this magical garden, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No wonder you go back there...I love seeing the fairy garden any time you want to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. I wish I had the patience, but the deerflies are horrid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there were those around here I wouldn't hang around :)

      Delete
  16. Hi Denise and what a wonderful place to visit, it would be such a wonderful place to take my youngest grand daughter. Fairies on the beach are super. All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree John and I think your granddaughter would love it. All the best to you too :). Denise

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!