Monday, March 25, 2024

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - ROAST SALMON SANDWICH WITH CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE

I found my recipe here, at Season with Spice, hosted by Mark and Reese. My thanks to them for a very nice lunch. I think you will enjoy checking out this recipe blog, as there are some great dishes in here and the photos are great. 

Roasted Salmon with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Makes 2 sandwiches

1/2 salmon fillet
Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fresh lemon juice
1 avocado - sliced
Handful of arugua leaves or your choice of leafy greens
Slice of red onion
4 slices of your choice of sandwich bread (a dark rye is suggested)


Chipotle Mayonnaise

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 large garlic clove, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle, or to taste
1 teaspoon honey

Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.

Line a baking pan with foil. Coat salmon fillet with a drizzle of olive oil and place it on the pan.  Season the salmon with salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice.

Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until just cooked through (roasting time will depend on the thickness of the fillet and your oven temperature).

While the salmon is roasting combine all the ingredients for the chipotle mayo in a bowl.

When the salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and flake it with a fork into small pieces. Add the salmon into the bowl of chipotle mayonnaise and mix well.

To assemble the sandwich, add the chipotle mayonnaise-salmon mixture first, then top with red onion, avocado and arugula. Enjoy!



I thought this was a very tasty recipe, and very filling. I fixed this for lunch one day when Gregg was away for a few days. (This is an old recipe, before retirement. It has been made several times since and enjoyed each time.) 

I had half a portion for dinner and ate it minus bread with salad fixings. The salmon tasted really yummy even before adding the rest of the ingredients. In fact, even though I enjoyed the sandwich very much, it would be excellent with just salmon and salad. 

This time I used a crusty Ciabatta-type bread roll but I can also see how good it would be with a dark rye, as suggested by Season with Spice. 





42 comments:

  1. Seems as if it would be tasty Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Margaret, really enjoyed it, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. That looks scrumptious to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to find tasty and versatile dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most amazing cook, Denise. You prepare the most deliciously looking meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to say Kay, thank you! I am good at following a recipe and always glad it turns out well :)

      Delete
  5. It looks very tasty Denise, of course Ciabatta is a delicious bread in itself! Good Week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katerina :) It is a delicious bread. A good week to you also :)

      Delete
  6. It sounds perfect and very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice, I was very happy with the way it turned out :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds really good and it sure looks yummy in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds delicious! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do something similar. It’s not strictly chipotle mayonnaise; we mix sirachi sauce and mayo, add a little lemon juice and salt and pepper. Makes a great sandwich even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious David, we love siracha in this house :)

      Delete
  10. Looks delicious and nice to have with bread and without bread options.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really tasty! Can't go wrong with fatty salmon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks yuuuuuuummmmmmmm from here, but then you photos of food make it all look good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet to say so Sandra, I try my best and always learning :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you for todays recipe. The sandwich looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Beverley :) happy you like the look of it.

      Delete
  14. That chipotle mayo sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie, it was different to any recipe I had tried before. Usually we just use plain mayo and this took it up a notch :)

      Delete
  15. Hello! Thank you for sharing this! It looks delicious, and something my son would absolutely enjoy. I hope you have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you like the look of it Billie Jo and for your son too :) Thank you my friend!

      Delete
  16. YUM! I really like salmon so I'm sure I would really enjoy that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It is an excellent fish and very healthy too :)

      Delete
  17. So impressed with your food photography -- we are both fans of salmon and I can also imagine many other uses for that chipotle mayo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, thank you so much and you are right about the Mayo :)

      Delete
  18. I love salmon and must make this one day, Denise. The chipotle mayonnaise sounds delicious and different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do Martha Ellen :)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Not everyone’s cup of tea I know. Thanks William :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!