Wednesday, March 13, 2024

BACK TO GREEN SPRING GARDENS ON 3-4-24 - PART 2

 Paperbush 

(otherwise known as Edgeworthia chrysantha).  If you click on this link, it will take you my two other posts from 2022, as well as including these recent ones, which all include the Paperbush. There is information that I won't repeat.  However, you can also read about it at this linkA native to the Szechaun province in China, Edgeworthia is used to manufacture very high quality paper. I read that bit of information here.
It's the only plant of this type I have seen at the garden, or any other garden we have been to, located near the visitor center next to the parking lot. The white gazebo is in the same area.  I tried to take a photo underneath, to show you the very pretty cluster of tiny yellow flowers, but my photos didn’t work out.
“A flower’s appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect.”
According to my plant app - Picture This - we have a Japanese apricot here.  It is also known as Chinese plum, Mume and Flowering apricot, with a botanical name of Prunus mume.  (If any of you disagree with any of my ID's please let me know.  I am still learning as I go along.)
Not a very clear one of the American Robin as there were too many brambles around, but we had interrupted his lunch which was just in front of him.  He was more interested in that than posing for a photo.
"Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity."
This is a plaque behind the house. I have never noticed it before.
A Cornelian Cherry Dogwood tree saying hello to the coming Spring.
The produce garden and shed nicely framed. From the Japanese Apricot to the produce garden, Gregg took all these photos.  I always enjoy what he sees through his camera lens.


I have always liked this tree.  It is an Hinoki cypress, botanical name Chamaecyparis obtusa. It is native to Japan and is a slow-growing ornamental tree.  
Lenten Rose, a slightly brighter color than the other I shared a previous post.
The snowdrops were popping up in a grassy area not too far from the house.
I put a collage together of what we saw at the garden.


No more photos for from this visit. It will be fun to go back and see what is blooming as the weather gets warmer.








28 comments:

  1. Haven't seen paperbush here...they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Apricot tree is lovely! I have never seen or even heard of one. And the Paperbush is furry!!!! SO weird!! I like how Gregg framed the cute shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I'll pass on your comment to Gregg, thanks Ginny :)

      Delete
  3. Paperbush is looking very nice. What unique flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too roentare, on both counts. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. So thanks for the garden trip and the lovely flowers, some of which I saw here for the first time. I liked the collage a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Katerina :) happy you enjoyed. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Such lovely photos that you and Gregg took, Denise. Thank you for identifying so many unusual plants and trees. Green Spring Gardens are very special to view in this early season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, much appreciated :) I will pass that on to Gregg also. I was surprised and yet not surprised to see so many flowers blooming. I'm glad the flowers know that Spring is on the way, and just to prove it I have the windows open. The weather is lovely and I hope you are having the same weather.

      Delete
  6. So many pretty flowers. I would love to visit a place like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel fortunate that this is a short car drive away :) Thanks Ann!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post and a lovely variety of flowers! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, glad you enjoyed and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  8. I really like that blue building throught the lattice gate. I would never have guessed how old that house is. I know I have seen it before here, but did not realize how old it is. it doesn't look old to me. you know I like all those blooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, they keep that house looking like brand new and it always looks well maintained. I love the style of it. Gregg took the photo of the blue building you mentioned, I'll let him know you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  9. The Paperbush is so unusual and pretty. The white petals look almost like feathers in the macro images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very unusual to look at. I have never seen it with its leaves, just those furry flowers :)

      Delete
  10. Piękne są te kwitnące krzewy i kwiaty. Dziękuję za ten wiosenny spacer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bardzo się cieszę, że Ci się spodobały. Dziękuję bardzo :)

      Delete
  11. So much to enjoy here. I see why you like that Hinoki Cypress. Happy Wednesday evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a beautiful tree isn't it? Thanks Ellen, happy Wednesday to you also :)

      Delete
  12. The paperbush has lovely flowers and it's interesting to read about the bush/tree,
    The photos are lovely and so good to see things blooming late winter heading into your spring Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, it is a good feeling to see the spring flowers. Won't be long now :)

      Delete
  13. paperbush flowers are so unique and elegant .you captured them nicely dear Denise !
    i really loved exploring the wonderful garden with you ,all flowers deliver utter joy to my heart ,i agree to John Ruskin that Nature has designed flowers to cherish the heart of lookers !
    the Hinoki tree has intriguing formation no doubt .
    pretty robin :)
    your hubby took some great shots .
    thank you for taking along

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello baili, so glad you enjoyed the garden. Gregg will be happy you enjoyed his photographs too, thank you :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!