Monday, March 11, 2024

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - GARLIC AND HERB SEASONED TILAPIA

I am always trying to put more fish on the menu but neither of us like anything too strong a fish in taste. When I went to the supermarket they didn't have tilapia and I bought cod instead, so...


even though I am leaving Tilapia in the ingredient list, cod was a perfect substitute.


Garlic and Herb Seasoned Tilapia found at the McCormick website here.


Enough for 4 servings.

Preparation time:         5 minutes
Cooking time:             12 minutes

2 tablespoons butter, melted
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Garlic and Herb Seasoning
1 teaspoon McCormick Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, ground
1 pound Tilapia fillets 

Mix butter, lemon juice, seasoning, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl until well blended.

Place fish on broiler pan.  Brush butter mixture over fish.

Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Test Kitchen Tip: you can also substitute red snapper, striped bass, flounder or sole for the tilapia.

End result: a very tasty dish. We were both surprised how much we enjoyed this recipe. I used whatever I had in the pantry, same ingredients but not always the McCormick brand.  

I had a stick of Kerrygold Garlic and Herb butter used in another recipe.  It is sold in one-stick (1/2 cup) portions. I substituted this for the melted butter mix.  

I also enjoyed the fact that this was an easy meal from prep to table, and fast. I came home from the store and just over half an hour later, was sitting down to dinner. Goes great with a green salad or an assortment of roasted colorful veggies. Asparagus would be nice, or any favorite of yours.

I served it with wedges of lemon and the juice squeezed over the fish gave it a nice zing.

Below is the full website address for you to copy and paste if you prefer it to the above link.
















34 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this one, it looks really good, and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the looks. Would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks roentare, I would be interested in what you think when you do :)

      Delete
  3. We love tilapia, it's so mild. I usually coat it in egg and then cracker crumbs and fry it. It's the way my Mum cooked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good too Pamela and lovely to follow in your mother's footsteps :)

      Delete
  4. I have never tasted cod, because I don't like fishy tasting fish. talpia, snook, grouper are the ones I like. somehow the word cod turns me off. good to know this, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sandra :) Cod is Gregg's favorite fish but I like flounder and haddock more, also salmon.

      Delete
  5. Garlic just makes everything better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! This sounds pretty much the way I make the haddock filets that I buy. I use the lemon juice, butter and salt and pepper. I bake it in the oven though instead of the broiler. It's always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann :) Baking is also a good way of cooking this dish.

      Delete
  7. Looks good, Denise! Thanks for the recipe!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna and you are very welcome :) Sending hugs also.

      Delete
  8. I like the taste of cod, your recipe sounds delicious. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually prefer cod :-) It looks light but so flavoursome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was how you described it Angie, thank you :)

      Delete
  10. That looks very good Denise! I prefer cod or haddock , because tilapia will never ever pass my lips again. I watched a TV program showing how tilapia was raised in China, so now, any fish which has been sourced from there does not come home with me.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very interesting, I'll have to do my research as you've certainly peaked my interest. Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  11. This looks like such a tasty meal. I like the idea of garlic and herb butter, too. Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fish is so flexible! So many choices of fish, as well as recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good, Denise. I don't like a strong fish either so I'm sure your cod was good. Kerry gold butter is so good. I must try the garlic herb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, Kerry gold is always a nice treat for me :)

      Delete
  14. We live near the Pacific Ocean, so the fish is so fresh. I made some tilapia recently, using my mom's recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful Susan, I miss living near the Pacific, and buying the fish at its freshest is one of the many good things about being there :) Lovely to use your mom's recipes :)

      Delete
  15. That sounds so good -- I'm fascinated that you can find Kerrygold butter with the garlic and available as one stick -- I've heard such good things about that butter, but have not ever bought it because a lb is a lot and pretty expensive compared to what I usually have in the frig. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sallie :) I grew up with this butter so treat myself occasionally. We more often op for the regular butter, though we keep that to a bare minimum these days. Have to say though, you just can't beat butter ;)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!