Tuesday, May 9, 2023

LINDA ASKED THAT MORNING...

 

“Linda asked that morning what it was about Charlotte’s Web that Ally particularly liked; maybe it would help to think about that, since it was Ally’s model book. “I like the family that comes together in the barn,” Ally said without hesitation. “I like that they aren’t all the same thing; one is human and one’s a spider and one’s a pig. I like that it has nothing to do with blood relations, and everything to do with love.”


Meg Wait Clayton 

a quote from her novel The Wednesday Sisters



A graduate of University of Michigan Law School, Ms. Clayton also earned bachelor's degrees in History and Psychology from the same school, and worked as a lawyer in Los Angeles.  She grew up primarily in suburban Kansas City and suburban Chicago, where she graduated from Glenbrook North High School.  She began writing in earnest after moving to a horse farm outside of Baltimore, Maryland, where her first novel is set. She now lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

28 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book, but it looks real interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Neither have I Margaret but I read quotes like I do books and it jumped out at me, so here it is :)

      Delete
  3. Much to learn from these simple truths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad to say the TV is talking now about the mass shooting in Texas and also talking about hate crimes, all of us need to live together like the spider, the human and the pig. it will never happen but it sure needs to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, just horrible and I agree with you 100 percent.

      Delete
  5. A high achieving woman in your descriptions. Thank you for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Roentare, happy you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Muito obrigado. Fico feliz que tenha gostado da minha foto :)

      Delete
  7. Love the photo that you chose to go with the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, I am happy it turned out as well as it did :)

      Delete
  8. i am not much of a reader, i can't seem to concentrate or remember. i do remember reading charlotte's web growing up, i have not heard of the wednesday sisters, are you reading it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I was reading my usual list of quotes as it was one of those that spoke to me. I hadn't heard of the author or the book before.

      Delete
  9. It's been some years since I last read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!