Monday, May 1, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - GARLIC BUTTER BAKED PARMESAN CHICKEN


It's the start of a new month, my goodness!  
Happy May to you all.

Today's recipe comes from 30-Seconds and the original recipe is at this link.  (Its website is not just a food blog and covers other subjects if you would like to take a look.)  Loads of butter which makes this dish incredible, and a once-in-a-blue-moon treat for us.  You can use other less highly calorific fats, but the taste will obviously change.   Tasty no doubt, just not buttery.

Chicken Garlic Butter Baked Parmesan Chicken

Serves 4


5 simple ingredients and it is said that everything is ready in 35 minutes from preparation to table.  Always takes me a bit longer.  I never use the timing as cast in stone. I go at my own pace.


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

8 tablespoons butter

6 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes or fresh chopped parsley

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Season the chicken with salt and pepper. 

Put the chicken into a lightly oiled baking dish (I use avocado oil spray).

Melt the butter in a saucepan. 

Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring about 3 minutes. 

Add the parsley flakes (or fresh chopped parsley) and remove from the heat. 

Pour the garlic butter over the chicken breasts. 

Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked through. 

Carefully take out of the oven and sprinkle with the cheese.  Put back in oven and cook until cheese has melted and is beginning to brown.

The following addy is for you to copy and paste into your search engine if you prefer, rather than using the link I provided.

https://30seconds.com/food/tip/33859/Drool-Worthy-5-Ingredient-Garlic-Butter-Baked-Parmesan-Chicken-Recipe

What we thought of this recipe:

Very yummy!  

I turned the broiler on for five minutes to brown a bit more.  I must remember to check so it doesn’t burn.

Our sides were plain boiled, fluffy potatoes and a small dish of cubed avocado mixed with halved grape tomatoes.

I cut my piece of chicken in half and had the rest for my next meal. It was just as delicious cold along with a simple green salad.

We cooked three chicken breasts that came in the package and not four as stated in the ingredients. The next day Gregg made a chicken salad with the extra one. He cut it into small dice, added celery and onion also diced, with a little Mayo and seasoning.  We put a couple of lettuce leaves on each sandwich to finish it off.  It was very yummy.   

That’s it!  We both enjoyed it and will definitely make it again.




12 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and juicy. And very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, we did enjoy it very much :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so juicy and scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Angie. Thank you very much :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that looks so good. I love just about everything chicken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy chicken also and this recipe was one of our favorites. Thanks Ann :)

      Delete
  4. i can use this if i use something else beside butter. butter upsets the IBS will try this thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you can work around it Sandra :). I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great recipe to start out the week. Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen and a Happy May to you also :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!