Tuesday, May 30, 2023

MY NORMAL MONDAY RECIPE POST PUBLISHED ON TUESDAY THIS WEEK - EASY BANANA BREAD

We had over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl so I decided to make this recipe today.  I found it at YouTube and the video host goes by the name of Baked Like A Pro.  You can find the link here.


Banana Bread

Ingredients are also provided in metric at the video site, if you live anywhere other than the States.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter, salted or unsalted
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large ripe bananas
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (mine were in halves and I just left them that way)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  

Pre-grease your loaf pan.

In a medium-sized bowl, mash your bananas thoroughly with a fork, or you can use a potato masher as was done in the video.  This recipe is very easy and is mixed by hand, not an electric mixer.

Add the melted butter, vanilla extract and beaten eggs.  Mix thoroughly after each addition. 

Next you will be mixing in the flour.  The batter will seem a bit thick at this point but it gets less so after adding all the ingredients.

The sugar goes in next and then the salt, baking powder and cinnamon.  Mix in after each addition.  

Lastly fold in the cup of walnuts, remembering to save a few halves for the top of the batter before putting into the oven.

Put the batter into your pre-greased loaf pan.  The one used in the video was 8 x 5 - 4 x 5 - 2 x 5.  Top with the walnut halves.

Put in the pre-heated 350 degree F. oven for 50 minutes.

Test to see if it is done by using a toothpick in the center.  If it comes out dry it should be done.  If batter is stuck to the toothpick then you need to put it in again until it is cooked all the way through.  Mine took longer than the recipe states.  

I had to put it back in the oven for 15 minutes longer (my oven runs on the cooler side, even though I preheated it to 355 deg. F. 


I thought it came out a bit too dark, but my dear other half liked it this way and he is very honest in his assessments.  He has had several slices since I cooked it and likes it cold with a pat of butter.  Next time I will try to adjust to get it to how I think it should be, maybe use two smaller pans.  It tasted great and that's the main thing.

I made this recipe before we came down with the virus.  Thank you to each of you who left get-well messages.  They were very comforting and much appreciated.  I will be slow on catching up with you all but hope to do that this coming week.


Thanks for visiting and I hope your day is a great one.






26 comments:

  1. It looks perfect, not too dark at all. The top crust would be nice and crackly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, it tasted great and yes it was :)

      Delete
  2. Bananas become over ripe soooo quickly don't they? Great save. I hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do! I need to put more bananas on my list. Thank you Sue, I am feeling much better. Just waiting for my hearing to come back to normal :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious and it's similar to my recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I have tried several banana bread recipes during my married life, and have enjoyed them all :)

      Delete
  4. That looks delicious. I like mine with butter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butter great on a slice of warm banana bread :)

      Delete
  5. oh yum oh yum oh yum I do love bannana nut bread and this one looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can eat it with your IBS? Or use alternative ingredients :)

      Delete
  6. Hello Denise,
    The banana bread looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eleen ) Thank you and you take care and enjoy your day also.

      Delete
  7. It's been awhile since I had banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh, i love banana bread, it looks and sounds wonderful!! i did not know you have not been well, i am wishing you a speedy recovery!! and don't worry about visiting me, i know it is hard to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, on the mend :) I'll be visiting you soon as I am in the middle of catching up right now, slow and steady :)

      Delete
  9. Dinner at your house must be a very nice experience! If I wasn't over 6000 mi away, I would be angling for an invite. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer Cloudia, I'd invite you over all the time :) So, if ever you are in the neighborhood.... You have a beautiful week also!

      Delete
  10. That looks good. Glad you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, heading in the right direction :) I am happy I can get out now.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!