Monday, May 22, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - BAKED THAI PINEAPPLE SALMON IN FOIL

I found today's recipe at Le Creme de la Crumb and you can find the original recipe at this link.  Author is Tiffany.

Described as "Easy, healthy with a sweet and spicy sauce and pineapple, all made in one pan with minimal clean up."  You can read Tiffany's tips at the link above, to see her photos and many delicious recipes.

From prep to table: 25 minutes


Baked Thai Pineapple Salmon in Foil 

Serves 6

Approximate Calories per serving: 172


1 large salmon fillet

Salt and pepper - to taste

½ cup sweet chili sauce

4 tablespoons hoisin sauce

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

1 can pineapple slices - (drained except for ¼ cup of juice)

3 tablespoons peanuts - roughly chopped

cilantro - roughly chopped


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil, big enough that you can enclose the salmon.

Lay salmon in the center and season with salt and pepper. Slip pineapple slices underneath the edges of the salmon.

Whisk together sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. 

Pour mixture over salmon. 

Fold edges of foil around the salmon.

Bake for 15 minutes. Pull back the edges of the foil to expose the salmon, switch to broil and cook another 5-10 minutes until edges just barely begin to blacken.

Sprinkle chopped cilantro and peanuts over the top and serve.


Tiffany’s Note:

Add a drizzle of sriracha sauce for a spicy kick and serve over steamed white rice. 



Changes I made:

I didn’t have any cilantro so I used diced green onions instead.  If we had a chance to go to our Asian supermarket, I would get Thai Basil instead of the cilantro.  

I also sprinkled dried chili flakes on top, along with the chopped peanuts.  

I didn’t have any sliced pineapple and used chunks.  I would have preferred the sliced and will make sure I have those in stock next time.

Jasmine rice was a very nice side to go with this recipe. Everything seemed to work together perfectly.  

One of us is not a salmon fan.  I cooked a piece of cod in its own foil packet and placed it next to the salmon, using the same instructions.  We tried to get the fish pieces the same size.  (There is a delicious looking sweet and sour chicken recipe at this link for non fish eaters. Definitely going to give that a try next time.)

Full addy for the original recipe if you prefer to copy and paste rather than use the links:

That's all I can think of for this recipe.  If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.




28 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Plated so beautifully, and on a pretty plate as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, I was happy how it turned out :)

      Delete
  2. Looking delicious, love pineapple in or on things, just something that makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely fruit, I enjoy pineapple grilled on toast along with the cheese :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you could easily adjust if for the non salmon eater. How are you feeling? Much better I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, yes, there are a lot of times I do it all differently, because we do have different tastes about this fish in particular. We can't all like the same thing can we? :) It took a while but I am feeling a lot better now thank you Sue. If you read this you will notice I am answering on June 18th. It's taking me a long time to catch up so many apologies for answering this as late as I am :)

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna and you are very welcome. Hugs to you also :)

      Delete
  5. looks great from here, and i like the sound of the name Le Crem de la Crumb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a nice catchy name I agree :) Thanks Sandra :)

      Delete
  6. It does look delicious, thanks for sharing! Take care, have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, thank you Eileen and you take care and have a wonderful new week also :)

      Delete
  7. I love salmon and I'm always looking forward to new recipes for it. Thanks, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jeanie :) It is my favorite fish and I always choose it before any other fish :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds so good -- we eat salmon much oftener in Oregon than here as it is fresher and more likely to be local -- and I will save the link until then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, always good to see you as I know you are traveling back to Oregon by now. Hope the journey is going well :) That's interesting about how it tastes much fresher in Oregon. Makes perfect sense. I would love to see the process of it getting from the ocean to many of the places it goes to.

      Delete
  9. Oryginalny przepis na danie z łososia. Na pewno smaczna jest ta potrawa. Dziekuję i życzę udanego tygodnia😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cieszę się, że podoba Ci się mój przepis na łososia. To jeden z moich ulubionych :) Dziękuję i życzę dobrego tygodnia.

      Delete
  10. Yum that sounds delicious. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Diane. You keep well also :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!