Tuesday, November 8, 2022

FALL LEAVES

This is one of my online jigsaw puzzles I wanted to share for November, and below are a few of the trees in our back yard.  The quote below fits me perfectly.  I love Autumn in every way.
"See it, smell it, taste, it, and forget the time of day or year. Autumn needs no clock or calendar."
We were running errands a few days ago and I couldn't stop taking photos of the leaves.
It has been unseasonably warm so far.  I still look forward to getting into chunky sweaters and snugly gloves, smelling wood smoke on the air as we walk around the neighborhood in the dark, coming back to a mug of hot chocolate to take away the chill, wrapping myself in a thick throw-blanket and curling up at one end of the sofa to read a good book. Lovely!
This cheeky little fellow jumped into the car.  He surprised the heck out of me when he appeared in this photo, looking a bit confused.  No, not really, just working a little magical playtime into my day, on my laptop.  He is from Saturday and is also in my signature at the end of my post.  You get everywhere cutie!
Silly little squirrel just told me a knock-knock joke.
"Knock-Knock!" he says.  "Whose there?" says I.  "Orange!" he says.  "Orange who?" says I.  "Orange you glad it's Autumn?"  I keep telling him to stop with the groaner jokes, but he just won't listen.
"Fall has always been my favorite seasonThe time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale."
~Lauren deStefano~
"The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but nature’s sources never fail."
~John Muir~
We have a lot of leaves to sweep up, but they are still falling from the trees like rain.  They look so pretty!
Next day Gregg took this of one of the berry bushes at our local shopping area, and there are those Autumn leaves again.  The birds will be happy with all those bright and delicious looking berries.
I took a photo of this beautiful tree on our way home.

And that's all for now.  






30 comments:

  1. This jigsaw is amazing, I have never seen it or one like it! I have this little teal truck, and filled it with pumpkins! The leaves are gorgeous!!! Number nine would be my favorite. We have Hal Borland books, and love his writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty one! I'm glad it popped up in my choices. Your teal truck filled with pumpkins sounds cute! Hal Borland is great isn't he? Thank you Ginny :)

      Delete
  2. The leaves are gorgeous! So is the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just downright glorious! In every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is such a beautiful time of year. Love all the colors you found while you were out. Have to love a squirrel who tells knock knock jokes too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is and yes, you have to love the knock-knock squirrels, LOL. Thank you Ann :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think any of us could pass up taking many many photos of those gorgeous leaves. The colors are magnificent! Love the cute little squirrel but you already know that. I like cooler weather too and I like going to bed at night when it's cold enough that I can pull the blanket up to my chin and sleep comfortably under the blanket Bob hates it when it gets cold enough for a blanket and he complains about it all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I already knew that about you loving the squirrels. Thanks Sandra :) Gregg and I are a couple of opposite weather vanes too :)

      Delete
  6. Hello Denise,
    The puzzle picture is pretty. I have been enjoying the milder weather, very nice.
    The Autumn leaves and colors are beautiful. Great quotes and photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, glad you are enjoying Autumn and you take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  7. That puzzle is darling, as are all the colored leaves. Happy November!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia, and a Happy November to you also :)

      Delete
  8. Great fall colors and great photos. Don't worry about winter. It'll happen. We've had three days with 10 cm snowfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, glad you enjoyed and yes, I know you are right, winter will be here soon enough :) Yikes on your snow. I keep hearing we will have heavy snowfalls this winter too.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed seeing the Autumn leaves that surround you, Denise! I'm so glad today is a little cooler and more seasonal. I also enjoyed the picture you painted of Autumn coziness! Our leaves have been raining down as well and we just came in from another round of gathering them up for compost. I must admit not my favorite gardening chore, but so lovely to enjoy the beauty. Love your quotes as well! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, so glad you enjoyed :) It is lovely today isn't it? Happy Day to you also :)

      Delete
  10. I love Autumn too. Thanks for sharing the beauty of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue and you are very welcome :) So glad you enjoy Autumn as much as I do.

      Delete
  11. Jesień na twoich fotografiach jest piękna. Miłego tygodnia😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cieszę się, że Ci się podobało, bardzo dziękuję. Wam też życzę szczęśliwej jesieni :)

      Delete
  12. It is so pretty. Our leaves are done now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn :) our leaves are the same way. Do you have snow? I'll have to come over to see. I am a little late getting around again :(

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love the jigsaw! 🧩
    Glorious photos, Denise. Every single one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, so glad Veronica Lee :) and happy you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!