Wednesday, November 2, 2022

HAWK IN WILLIAMSBURG

I still have several photos to share from our time in Williamsburg, but I am eager to show you this hawk.  It was the last day and we would soon be starting our journey home.  Gregg spotted him after he had packed most of our luggage and showed me his cell phone photo when he got back to the complex.
Though the weather had been glorious the time we were in Williamsburg, the day we were due to drive home we woke up to a very dreary sky, and it did not make for a great backdrop. It was, however, a nice surprise to see it still on top of the light pole when we left several minutes later.  
This beautiful hawk didn't seem too disturbed as I took several photos. 
The pole was next to the pathway.
I don't know too much about their differences.  We have seen Cooper's Hawks where we live but on looking at several photos, I thought that this may be a Red-shouldered Hawk? I would be very grateful to my more knowledgeable blogging friends to give me the correct identification.  What do you think?

 A very welcome parting gift.








12 comments:

  1. It's definitely red shouldered!! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciate the ID. Thank you Anni :) A real beauty for sure.

      Delete
  2. Interesting shots. I have never seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi, I don’t see them regularly so it is always exciting to me when I do.

      Delete
  3. This looks similar to one I photographed several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, thanks William. I really need to learn more about my hawk ID. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Great photographs Denise.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic photos of this beautiful hawk, Denise! I believe he is a red shouldered hawk, but must admit I find they are quite hard to be positive about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen, and for the ID. Much appreciated :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!