Tuesday, November 22, 2022

BURKE LAKE PARK, BURKE, VA - 11-12-22 - LAST OF THE PHOTOS FROM OUR VISIT

Here is the little dog I shared in last week's post with its human friend.

You can rent kayaks and small flat boats here.  The only time I have ever been in a kayak was with my sister when I visited my family in Germany years ago.  They used to go out in them all the time having their own kayaks.  I had fun but I haven't been in one since, and don't intend to.  I am not too fond of being so close to the water as I am not the strongest swimmer, and that is with a life vest.  That's not to say I don't love looking at all that beautiful scenery and the lake.  And when I get to the beach my favorite time is when it's quiet, usually in the winter,  and I can look out at the ocean with hardly a soul around.  But I'm rambling...probably the reason why I named this blog with the word 'ramble' in it!

More geese photos because...

I always love taking photos of them...

probably because they are always around, and they don't swim away.  Hoping for someone to feed them no doubt, and there were plenty of someone's that day.  I am mentioning again my last post where I give the reason why we should not, but this will be the last time, at least for a while.

I particularly enjoyed taking photos of the reflections of the clouds in the water, and the patterns their wakes left.  





One small feather resting on top of all the fallen leaves at the water's edge.  I wondered if it was a downy feather from a goose, or perhaps another water bird.

We walked on the pier and there were a lot of people fishing.  
On our way back we passed another cute dog with two couples our age, sitting in a line looking out at the lake.  They had brought along fold up camping chairs.  We are not too far from one of the parking lots and it crossed my mind to bring our own camping chairs next time, and maybe a picnic.  
No explanation for this one needed except to say, "She likes to take photos of Fall leaves."

While sitting on one of the benches a lady asked if she could join us.  She was enjoying her new phone, telling us about it, and showed us how to use the pano.  Below is my practice shot.  A lovely lady and our conversation lasted about 15-20 minutes.  She was with her husband and grandson.  Grandson was letting off steam, with grandpa watching, and enjoying his space.  She joined them soon after when they were ready to go.  This is a great place for kids and there were many.
We should probably have hung around to take sunset shots at the lake, but driving home we thought the sky was incredible.  
I didn't really mind our street-view-sunset and took these (from the passenger side).
I didn't mind all the lines from the traffic lights either, or the utility poles and their electric lines.   Usually I try to avoid such things but today was not that day...
and the sky was just too good to miss.

This is the end of our trip to the park.  I hope you have enjoyed.  

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.




52 comments:

  1. What a beautiful park. Looks like a great place to hang out and relax. I'll skip the kayaks though. The sunset is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, you and I will both skip the kayaks :)

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful photos. The skies, wow! I love being by the water. I have never been in a kayak! Canoe, lots, but not a kayak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed being on your excursion. It is a perfect place to unwind and enjoy life. The sunset is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Carol, and thank you :) Sunsets are breathtaking, this one was special.

      Delete
  4. the sky at the end was the perfect ending to a perfect day, dogs and geese and gorgeous views. the geese are awesome photos. i came out of the doctor office yesterday and there were 7 of these snuggled down on the parking lot and walking about. i took photos but they look nothing like these in the water. nice pano shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a perfect ending, thank you Sandra :) I'm looking forward to your photos. I will be over soon :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Denise,
    Beautiful views of the lake and the sunset. I like seeing the geese and the cute dogs.
    Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen :) Thank you, happy you enjoyed :) You take care and have a wonderful day also.

      Delete
  6. Doggies of course are always great subjects behind the lens. Sunsets too!!! And your lake photos are "delicious"! (Still in the garnet YARN mode)

    I too would prefer water from the banks or shore. At least you can swim.....I sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? :) Thank you Anni and for giving me a smile about you still being in your garnet yarn mode :))) If I say I can 'swim' that would give Gregg a smile :) and a chuckle.

      Delete
  7. It's so nice to see open water again! Love seeing the geese and all. I love the water and am a strong swimmer but low boats make me nervous. I'm afraid I'll fall out and can't get in again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I have the same feeling about low boats then Jeanie :) Thank you, so glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  8. Canada geese are great performers as they are looking for a handout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The goose was well aware of the doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful lake...lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful lakeside views. It sounds as if others were also enjoying the time there and being friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and were very friendly :)

      Delete
  12. Such beautiful photos Denise. Love the reflections and the ripples and that sky! Wow. My Kayak days are over for sure. It is so hard to get in and out of them now that I'm as old as I am. :) I'll wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving now just in case I don't get back around blogs before Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely on the kayak Ellen, it would be impossible for me to get in and out! Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving :)

      Delete
  13. Just the words FLAT BOAT fill me with fear! Are the boats in your photo those, or just canoes? Your reflections along with the waves are so gorgeous!! And the SKY!!! It is awesome, and I think the car lights and poles add greatly to the effects of the shots. Kind of natural and modern combined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny :) I know what you mean. I looked at them and saw the flat boats and I saw what I thought were kayaks, but I guess they could be canoes. I believe you can choose between the three to rent. I don't really know the difference whether these in my photos were canoes or kayaks. Hopefully we have an expert out there who can tell us the diffence :)

      Delete
  14. Piękne fotografie. Śliczne pieski i ptaki. Miłego tygodnia 😊🐕

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did enjoy, Denise! The sunset you captured on the was home was so pretty. I'm like you, sometimes we don't care about the traffic lights, electric poles, etc. Too lovely to miss in my opinion! I also enjoyed the beautiful reflections on the lake with the gorgeous geese! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Martha Ellen, thank you :) I also wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  16. I've certainly enjoyed my trip to the park with you :)

    Loved all of your photographs but especially the ones with reflections.

    A little early - but I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great Ja and thank you for telling me :) I appreciate your Thanksgiving greetings also. All the best!

      Delete
  17. Love the reflections... And the gorgeous sunset! 💛💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. It was particularly amazing that night. Thank you Sandi :)

      Delete
  19. I would kayak in that tranquil lake myself! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful pictures and yes I too like to be near a water body which is quite and calm. Kayaking is something that I intend to do one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haddock and yes, being near water is very calming :) I hope you will have your time kayaking very soon.

      Delete
  21. Lovely sunset. I like Burke Lake. You can take a long walk or just sit on a bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done both now and each is very enjoyable in its own way :) Thanks Linda!

      Delete
  22. Beautiful sky there. Lovely photos of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for your visit to my blog. The sunset is really magnificent and beautiful. A big gift from weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roughterrain Crane, I enjoyed my visit very much :) and appreciate your visit too. Glad you enjoyed my post about the park.

      Delete
  24. What a great sunset view you captured to end a perfect day at the lake, Denise. I also like looking at the water, but not being in it. When we lived in VA, we did own 2 kayaks and went out a few times and before that in NJ. Now, we have none and that is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, it certainly was. Must have been fun going out in your kayaks, with a lot of good memories.

      Delete
  25. I know what you mean about avoiding traffic lights but for some reason they work really well with this photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!