As you can see, the birthday gift I said I would share is a new bird bath on a stand. It is solar powered and has a camera attached. I am a happy camper. My family couldn't have bought a more perfect gift.
It has been a bit quiet but they have to get used to the little fountain that shoots up in the middle and it's a bit noisy and gurgly. When it's in full sun, the fountain can be several inches high.
So far it hasn't attracted any squirrels or other night critters. It gives me a live feed also and if I hear a noise, I can check my phone to see if any curious animals have made their way up on the deck. I am happily waiting in anticipation.
And by the way Mr. Goldfinch, as for the scary place in my head, have you seen inside yours birdie? It's all relative!
That's how it goes on a
Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder.
We're all doing fine here, I hope you
are too.
I also hope your weekend will be a great one,
and thanks for flying in.
For our overseas blogging friends to translate the words in the photo
using my widget on the side bar.
Photo 1:
"This is camera lady's birthday present from her family.
She is real happy to be able to see her birds up close again.
She is doing cartwheels in her head. I am very happy I am not
in her head. It's a scary place. Please don't tell her I said that!"


Wow, this is an awesome gift! I didn't even know such a thing existed! I will have to check them out.
ReplyDeleteI loved it Ginny :) Later when I get more photos I'll be sure to share them and give more details. It's made by Birdfy, something new to me.
DeleteThat looks great. It is fancier than the one I had. I did not have much luck with it because it kept tipping or spilling the water out of the fountain. I love the hummingbird picture.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I had a ground bird bath before. This was a lovely surprise :)
DeleteThat is a fantastic birthday gift from your dear Gregg—I didn't know such a thing existed!
ReplyDeleteWe’ll be getting some great and interesting photos soon, then!
I wish you and Gregg a lovely weekend, hugs Elke
Hello dear Elke, thank you and I didn't know you could get cameras for bird baths. I hope I'll get more photos soon I hope. It's a bit slow right now. I wish you and your sweetheart a lovely weekend also, hugs, Denise :)
DeleteSuch a perfect birthday surprise!
ReplyDeleteA solar bird bath with a camera is like a gift for both you and the birds.
Can’t wait to see the little visitors enjoying it.
It is a perfect gift for all that you mentioned Veronica, thank you. I am looking forward to sharing more :)
DeleteNow THIS is the perfect gift for you!!! We can enjoy it with you... bring on the photos of critters
ReplyDeleteI know Sandra, giggles! I'm counting the time when another bird lands on it :)
DeleteThat sounds intriguing. What a lovely birthday present. It's wonderful to have a camera attached, though I'm wondering how. I shall have to investigate.
ReplyDeleteThank you Janice, I'll share more details soon :) I was surprised it would have a camera too but it is a very clever device.
DeleteOh that is so fun and such a great gift! I had a pretty bird bath given to me years ago. I got a heated one for winters and was amazed at the amount of birds that use it in the middle of the winter! You should get some great shots!
ReplyDeleteI have had bird baths for the ground and had one on a stand but the squirrels kept knocking it over. I've put three big plant pots around this one to stabilize it :)
DeleteA beautiful gift for sure, Denise and an app for your phone is very handy.
ReplyDeleteThank you Margaret, it is :)
DeleteWhat a cool gift that is. I love it. That's a pretty neat picture there too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann, I love it too and keep staring to see if I have had more birds land on it. Talk about a watched kettle, lol!
DeleteWhat a great gift.
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday Wishes.
All the best Jan
Thank you Jan, I appreciate that. Happy Saturday wishes to you too. All the best, Denise
DeleteThat is so cool! I see many more fantastic photos in your future!
ReplyDeleteHello Jim and Barb, I'm living in hope, lol! Thank you :)
DeleteWow! that's the perfect gift! Interesting, what brand is it?
ReplyDeleteThank you, I should have mentioned that but am going to do a post later on. It's Birdfy :)
Deletewow what a cool gift! I bet we would get to see lots of fun bird pictures in future!
ReplyDeleteThank you Angie, I'm loving it and hope that more birds will notice it's there :)
DeleteWhat a concept and gift!
ReplyDeleteThank you John, I am truly enjoying it :)
DeleteYour family knows and loves you well. It's the perfect, most fanatastic gift!
ReplyDeleteSweet of you to say Jeanie, I'm really loving my new gift :)
DeleteThat is a lovely thoughtful gift you are already enjoying!
ReplyDeleteThank you Christine, it was and I certainly am enjoying it.
DeleteWhat a fun and thoughtful gift, Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen, I agree :)
DeleteWhat a charming gift! They know you well!
ReplyDeleteThey do that Granny Sue, I am going to get a lot of fun from it :)
DeleteBirds absolutely love moving water especially with this horrid heat
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
They will I know. Yes, a good thing for them to have in this weather :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteDear Denise :)
ReplyDeleteI would be thrilled to receive a gift like that, and you must be overjoyed. It0s the perfect gift for bird lovers everywhere.
Have a happy weekend
All the best
Sonjia..
I am overjoyed and thrilled Sonjia, thank you :) You have a happy weekend also, all the best with hugs, Denise.
DeleteI'm not sure I would want to be inside Mr. Goldfinch's head. This is a fantastic gift. It may take a little time but they will get used to it. Says I.
ReplyDeleteMe neither Sandra, lol! Thank you and I'm sure you are right :)
DeleteOh, wonderful – that’s a fantastic birthday gift! You’re going to get so much enjoyment out of it. Sending you all my best wishes.
ReplyDeleteViola
Hello dear Viola :) thank you so much and I also send you all my best wishes and a hug, Denise
DeleteWhat a great birthday present! I love my birdbath. Only a few birds have enjoyed it so far, and sporadically at that.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, I'm glad you enjoy your birdbath too. It takes a while for them to find these things I know. I'm wondering if the heat is keeping them away?
DeleteHappy Birthday! A swimming pool with a camera! Really cool. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda, much appreciated. I'm wondering whatever they will come up with next? :)
DeleteWow, that is a nice gift, perfect for any birdwatcher.
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday! Have a great weekend.
Thank you Eileen, yes it certainly is :) Happy Saturday to you and have a great weekend also :)
DeleteWhat fun! And your imagined narrative made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you said that Linda, thank you :)
DeleteWhat a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed a lovely gift. I am tickled pink :) Thanks Sandra :)
DeleteHow fun is that! I love it.
ReplyDeleteGreat, thank you Mary, much appreciated :)
DeleteTe mando un beso y te deseo un buen fin de semana.
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias. También te envío un beso y mis deseos de que tengas un buen fin de semana :)
DeleteThat is one of the best gifts I have ever seen. COOL!
ReplyDeleteThank is so sweet of you to say Sandie, thank you very much :)
DeleteI CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD LIKEW THAT birthday present. I'm looking forward to some reports.
ReplyDeleteI know, I am thrilled with it. Thanks Red, I'll send some photos as soon as I get them :)
DeleteCongratulations! It’s a great gift. Very thoughtful to consider your interests like this.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gigi, much appreciated :)
DeleteThe bird bath is a perfect gift for you. Your family knows you well. The fountain on it sounds delightful.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sheri :) It is a perfect gift and they certainly do.
DeleteWhat a wonderful birthday gift for you, Denise. I hope the birds get used to using it and you can enjoy their antics on camera.
ReplyDeleteIt truly was and I am very happy with it. I'm sure the birds will find it soon. Can't wait to share those photos, could be a while as we've been noticing our populations are even quieter than last year. Fingers crossed! :)
Delete