Monday, May 2, 2022

MONDAY RECIPE POST - HOT CHEESY SPINACH-ARTICHOKE DIP

This is an old favorite of my Dear Other Half and I have made it many times since I found it several years ago. I got my recipe here at The Comfort of Cooking hosted by Georgia.   I have made it for company and all have enjoyed.

Hot Cheesy Spinach-Artichoke Dip
Serves 15 (makes 4-1/2 cups)

2 cups shredded Mozzarella-Parmesan Cheese blend (I couldn't find the combined packet of cheeses so I bought two separate packets and mixed them together myself when measuring out ingredients)
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can small artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat or regular cream cheese
2/3 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.

Measure out all your ingredients and have them within handy reach.

Prepare a casserole dish by giving a light coating on the inside with cooking spray.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese mixture, spinach and artichoke hearts until well combined.

Blend garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt into spinach mixture.

Pour into the prepared casserole dish and distribute evenly, leveling it off by lightly smoothing and flattening the top with the back of your spoon.

Top with the remaining half a cup of Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese mixture.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and dip is bubbly.

Serve hot with crackers, toasted bread or pretzels.  



What did we think?  This is a great way to incorporate more veggies into your day.   

I have mentioned this before but our oven cooks at a lower temperature for most recipes.  After 30 minutes the top of the dip still didn't have a golden crust.  I put the broiler on and watched it carefully until I was satisfied.  This created the most delicious crust but if this is too much, broil until it suits your own preference.

I served it with oblong-shaped Focaccia rolls that I cut into inch-and-a-half cubes.  

I have seen large, crusty round loaves hollowed out which acts as the bowl.  I would like to try this next time. Presentation is real pretty. The bread that has been taken from the center of the loaf can be cut or torn into pieces and used to scoop up the dip.  

There are leftovers so we will be having it for the next couple of days. It goes well with tomato soup or a side salad.  

It heated up very nicely in the microwave, or you can put it back into the oven until heated through.  


Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day and...





28 comments:

  1. This does sound good. Sadly himself refuses spinach AND artichokes so I will just dream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, not everyone is a fan of spinach or artichokes :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Muito obrigado :) Um abraço e desejo uma boa semana.

      Delete
  3. I love this dip, I have never tried making it though. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Take care, enjoy your new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen, I have also enjoyed this dip elsewhere. You take care and enjoy your week also :)

      Delete
  4. I would eat this if i could AFTER you cooked it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks terrific with those Focaccia cubes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, they were a very nice addition :)

      Delete
  6. That looks so delicious that I would love a scoop of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gigi, I wish you were here so I could give you some :)

      Delete
  7. This looks yummy! I miss baking with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, it certainly was very tasty :) and we keep the cheese to an every-now-and-again meal lately.

      Delete
  8. That does look yummy :)
    Many thanks for sharing the recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jan, thank you. I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  9. I have no idea what artichokes taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, I don't eat them very often and they are marinated so it's hard to describe them for me :) Your comment dropped into my spam folder. I am getting quite a few blogging friends who are the same, not sure what's going on there but that's the reason I am late getting back to you. Often when I find these comments, they are a few posts back and I find them eventually :)

      Delete
  10. This looks delicious, Denise. I know we would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds delicious. I'd enjoy it with a baguette cut in thin rounds! Happy first week of May to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Ellen, and the sliced baguettes sound good also :) Thank you and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  12. That would be so great for a party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, it is and those I have served it to seem to enjoy :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!