Friday, May 20, 2022

WE POPPED OVER TO MEADOWLARK GARDENS ON 5-5-22

This garden, as you know from following my blog, is a place we go to all the time, literally for years.  This time there was a surprise waiting for us in the parking lot.  Now, I am not a big fan of cars.  Always enjoy the fact that I can get from A to B, and whatever is between the wheels is no biggy, for both of us.  Many years ago, I had a Mini Cooper, the old rust bucket I called her.  It took me three years to save enough money for a down payment on this second-hand car.  The day I picked her up I was filled with joy, and I put-put-putted around in my mini right up until the time I met Gregg.  I sold it to a friend just before we got married.  Sad to see her go as they drove her down the hill, but another adventure awaited me.  I was married in a week and moved to a new country.  
Anyhow, as usual my rambles take me off my intended subject, which was what was in the parking lot at Meadowlark Gardens.  
We parked our car a few spaces up, and this was hidden behind the white SUV.  What a lovely surprise!  Gregg says it is a 1969 TR6.  I told him if I was very good this year, perhaps he could have a word with Santa.  (Well, maybe in my next lifetime!)
No, I am not into cars but I loved this one, and coincidentally there was a Mini parked in front of it.
It will be a rare occasion for me to talk about any car.  I hope the person who owns this had a wonderful walk around the garden, and has many happy miles driving their TR6.
So, I tore myself away from this beautiful classic, and went inside hoping Sunshine would be back in the corner.  Sunshine, the resident Bearded Dragon has not been there the last visit or so.  He wasn't there today either.  I was disappointed but hope he is happy wherever he is.  Instead, I made a new friend.
Well, hello there little buddy!  
Did you know it is World Turtle Day on the 23rd of this month?  I didn't either!  Our little turtle was such a sweety and we had a nice chat.

He looked older than me and he gave me some sage advice, or was that Pinterest?  Anyhow, he was a chatty fella and I listened.

 "Come out of your shell", he said "be well rounded * slow down * know when to stick your neck out * log time with friends * home is where your heart is * snap out of it."  That last one sounds a bit harsh. I wouldn't tell anyone to 'snap out of it'.  I would stay by their side until they were ready to do it on their own.  What say you?  You may have a different opinion and I would like to hear what it is.  What is the best advice you have ever given to someone or someone has given you?  Willing to share?

  He kept on talking and I kept on listening.  

Swim with the current * stay calm under pressure * be well traveled (even if it is virtually) * age gracefully * spend time at the beach * I know it is difficult sometimes, but try not to snap.

It's okay, and thanks Little Buddy, see you next time and Happy Turtle Day for the 23rd!



39 comments:

  1. Love your new friend - and his sage advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told my kids to "live life fully, mistakes and all! And with all mistakes, 100 years from now it'll make no difference."

    Have you ever seen the movie ITALIAN JOB? It has lots of mini coopers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful advice to your kids :) I haven't seen the movie except for trailers and they featured the mini scenes. Will have to keep it in mind to watch sometime. Thanks Anni :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Fico feliz que tenha gostado das minhas fotos :) Obrigado e um abraço e bom fim de semana :)

      Delete
  4. Oh that car is a beauty.
    Your new friend is a handsome gentleman. He was certainly full of good advice too. I have to agree with you about "snapping out of it" though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it Ann? :) He certainly is and I'm glad we agree on that advice.

      Delete
  5. Hello Denise,
    The car is a beauty! Love the turtle and his advice. I did not know there was a World Turtle Day. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, and you have a great day and happy weekend also :)

      Delete
  6. that is one beautiful turtle and oh so wise with the best of advice. I so long to tell people to snap out of it, but do not because who knows, they might snap ME.. TR and MG were really popular when I was in highschool, 59 to 1962. I wanted one back then. now if someone bought it for me i could not get down in or up out of it.. they are really cute cars, I also wanted a mini cooper. money and old age means I will never have one but I do love seeing them. today is Rescue Pet Day and I forgot. Rescues are my thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I like to read these things because they are a good reminder :) I used to see people driving those cars around back in the day. I would have the same problems getting in and out of them now :)

      Delete
    2. Also meant to say how wonderful we are recognizing our pet rescues. A worthy cause to be sure :)

      Delete
  7. I like that 1969 car, too. But we'll stick with Hyundai SUVs for now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wise words from your turtle friend. I like to look back at happy moments and enjoy your stories from the past. Our daughter has a Mini Cooper convertible which is just right for her. I like going for a ride in it, but getting out from the back seat you would smile at my funny backward way of getting out as it's so low to the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to look back on our memories and glad you enjoy mine. Thank you :) You made me chuckle Linda, I would look the same trying to get out of my old mini now :) Your daughter’s does sound lovely though :)

      Delete
  9. Your new friend is wise indeed. But then his kind live to be very old, I guess most are sages. I never heard of this beautiful car, but Phil says it is a Triumph. It is really gorgeous, and I would have posted it as well, if I had seen one. There are quite a few Mini Coopers around here, i always enjoy seeing them, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is! Glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks Ginny :)

      Delete
  10. That car looks really cool! Love your new, sweet friend :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes, totally agree! Thank you Angie :)

      Delete
  11. I like, when we return to a place over and over again, that there is usually something new to see. Nice looking car. I love the picture of the turtle and the turtle sayings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so true, always something new to see. Happy you enjoyed my post :)

      Delete
  12. I think this must be your happy place and I'm glad, because we get to visit, too! That's the cutest little car I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Jeanie, but I am fortunate to have many happy places within a short car ride away :) I agree, it is a cute car.

      Delete
  13. I don't think I've heard of that kind of car before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many cars I have never heard of William. I expect you know a lot more than I do :)

      Delete
  14. The car was a classic beauty and maybe if you are very good Santa will listen? Your turtle friend did impart some good wisdom, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly did Dorothy :) Where this car is concerned Dorothy, I think Santa may have cloth in his ears!

      Delete
  15. What a treat for you spotting that car Denise! Great photo of the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, and I think the title of the turtle photo could be, “Being in the right place at the right time.” :)

      Delete
  16. Beautiful day and beautiful. After getting in that car I would need help to get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I've never seen a turtle with its head popped out so close up before. What a delightful photo. They are sweet creatures, aren't they?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri, I was surprised by the turtle being so curious and delighted when I studied this photo on a bigger screen. His personality comes through don’t you think? I agree, they are very sweet.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!