Thursday, April 9, 2020

GOSIA'S FENCES AROUND THE WORLD


I am having fun looking through my archive photos.  This was taken as we were driving along the road, and the washing on the line caught my attention.  

I have these memories from childhood when my mother did hers.  To this day there is nothing that equates to the smell of freshly washed bed sheets that have been dried in the sun.  For me another wonderful childhood memory helping my mother as best I could, handing her pegs to hang up the washing, carrying the oversized basket to her when the washing was dried, and being given more chores to help out as I got older, hearing her laughter as I got into the occasional childish antic which made her laugh.  I loved making my mum laugh and that didn't change as the years went by.

I hope you are all doing okay.  Our days seem to be going quickly thank goodness.  There is always something to do.  Yesterday we were changing two of the lightbulbs that had burned out in the front of our house, and our new neighbors were across the street.  They were enjoying the sunshine and were sitting under their cherry blossom tree.  It made a pretty sight.  We shouted over and asked them how they were doing, had a mini conversation.  A pleasant interlude while keeping our social distancing. I look forward to the time when we  can get to know them better.  I still intend to invite them to a meal when this is all over.  

The lightbulb change turned into a bigger problem and now we have called an electrician and will be getting four new light fixtures.  The ones we had are as old as our 30 year old house.  We got an estimate from one electrician and the two others haven't called back yet (hopefully business is good).  Mundane tasks but we never take anything for granted these days, even more so now.

It is very windy today.  I am watching the branches from one of our trees.  There are pine cones from another that have blown onto the deck.  The cherry blossoms from our neighbor's tree were falling like snow earlier.  Pretty sights in nature also not to be taken for granted, and the sun is shining, a gift.

There are fences in my photo so I grabbed it for Gosia's Meme.  


If you would like to see other Fences Around the World, or join in with your own, you will find the link here.  Thank you for hosting Gosia.

Thanks you also for stopping by, and take good care of yourselves out there.





37 comments:

  1. The laundry is my favorite things about your photo. What lovely memories of your Mom and the laundry. From an earlier and more innocent time. I bet you can still hear her laugh. The wind was so bad today that it almost blew me over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny and yes I can. I'm glad you managed to keep your feet in all that wind :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you can invite your neighbours to join you for a meal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good you are keeping busy. I seem to be busier than ever with my groups but I am not complaining as it gives me more virtual complaining as I live on my own. Have a great weekend and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret, I am happy you are keeping busy. Thank you and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  4. I miss activity. It is a long time since I could go out and talk to neighbours or even just to watch the sunrise, and it feels even worse now with all the new laws about staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this all passes soon Valerie, so that you and many more can get back to normal :)

      Delete
  5. Gosh I can't remember when i last hung things out on a line - such is city apartment living! Hope the wind has died down although perfect for drying the washing!
    Take care
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello LWW and thank you :) I can't either but it wasn't in this house and we have lived here for 25 years. One of the rules of our Home Owner's Association

      Delete
  6. We can find lots to do when we're locked up. we just have to get our butts in gear. Good that you are finding satisfactory things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! Getting butts in gear is important, but right now I am reaching for a hot cup of tea :)

      Delete
  7. I do have vague memories of my grandma hanging out the laundry. My girlfriend does this today at her house. Nice fences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photo. and I can almost smell those sun baked sheets. sounds like you are making do with our stay at home orders... stay safe and glad you are finding lots to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, all goes well and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  9. Great photo greetrings from Katowice Poland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gosia, greetings from Virginia, USA :)

      Delete
  10. We're thankful for fine weather. The washing task is pleasanter when we can dry the clothes in the sunshine and everything smells fresher. I like the peaceful picture you draw in words of your neighbours sitting under the blossom. We're finding plenty of things to do around the house. Thankfully my husband feels up to doing some decorating (painting window frames) and well as gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy the weather is nice where you are. May it continue to be so. Good to hear that your husband is feeling well enough to do those things also. I hope it won't be long before he is 100 percent.

      Delete
  11. Hi Denise,
    Amazed as to the height of the clothes above the ground. Pleased you are both managing to find things to do, I managed a little weeding this afternoon but had to be careful when bending, you both keep safe, it will be good when life returns to normal
    My best wishes
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I was interested in that too. Thank you, good to hear you are getting outside and I'm sure you are being careful :) You keep safe too and won't it just. All the best to you and yours :)

      Delete
  12. I remember my mother hanging the laundry on the clothes line when I was growing up. When it began to rain, she ran out to bring in the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling about your own memories Gigi. It is nice to read them.

      Delete
  13. Fun fence photo with the laundry hanging. Hope it's sooner than later when you get to have your new neighbors over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Agnieszka. You are very welcome, so glad you enjoyed my post. Regards from me also :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice image! It was windy here today also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) It looks nice and calm out there today, I hope in your area also :)

      Delete
  16. ooooh i love the concept of laundry on the clothesline!!! this is a great image!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sheets dried on the line, too. I always handed my mom the clothes...when she got one item hung, I had the next waiting for her. And I brought them in for her soon as I was old enough/tall enough to reach the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice memory too Rose, thank you for sharing that :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!