Tuesday, April 14, 2020

BIRDS ON THE BACK DECK BUT FIRST...

This is an illustration I found at Pixabay.  You may remember me mentioning the site before.  Sandra at Madsnapper told us about it in one of her blog posts quite a while ago.  I go to it frequently as I enjoy not only browsing through their wonderful photos, but several of my signature graphics come from there. I put them together in a program I have called Paint Shop Pro, adding my name and a few other details if needed, tweaking the design if I need to tailor it to see if it will look better to my eye, generally playing on the program until I have something satisfactory.  I get so focused an hour or two have gone by without me realizing. The picture above appealed to my love of wildlife, and I thought I would share it today.
I have been enjoying my own wildlife this week.   The Robin stayed up in the tree for a long while and I took photos.
I was able to get a bag of bird seed.  Not too long after I had replenished their supply, the second bird to show up was the Goldfinch.  He seems to be getting the beginnings of his bright yellow summer plumage.  Added note: Anni from Hootin' Anni's Day Trippin' said she thought my Goldfinch might be a female with more muted colors.  Thanks Anni! 
A male and female House Finch was sitting up in the tree waiting.
Quite a look you have there Mr. Finch!
A White-throated Sparrow paid a quick visit...
as did the male Red-bellied Woodpecker.  You can just about make out his claws hanging onto the edge of the deck rail.  Another collage with a few other poses...
and another male House Finch flew down for his lunch.
The next photo is the last one of the birds, this time a male Cardinal and a female House Finch.  They seem to be quite comfortable in each other's presence.
I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, and a squirrel was busy gathering leaf material.
Their home is in a tree in our front yard.  She is on the branch of a tree in the back garden in this photo, which gives her easy access to the roof of our house.  She scurries over the roof which leads to another overhanging branch on the other side, belonging to the tree in front, which she uses to scurry up to her nest.  We're going to have to get the trees trimmed this year, at least so that these little darlings don't have access to the roof anymore, and can't dig a hole into our attic to take up residence next winter! 

Added note: 4-18-20
I had an invite to join Anni's link at I'd Rather B Birding'.  If you have any bird experiences and would like to join in, you can add yours at this link here.



47 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!!! My favorites are the squirrel and the lone finch looking down straight at me. I have no memory at all of Pixaby! Even though I have been following the Mad One for a good 10 years. Perhaps she posted it while I was on a blog break. Anyway, i can't wait to go and check it out! I love your picture that you make from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny! I wish I could remember when Sandra posted this information but I am thankful that she did :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are very welcome EC, so glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  3. Great set of photos. I love seeing birds from different countries. Stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thank you and I feel the same way about different countries and their birds. Stay safe also :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I visit the Madsnapper every day. She is great with the photo editing. Your bird photos are all beautiful. I love the woodie. I will go and check out Pixaby. Take care, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, yes I love Sandra's photo edits. Thank you and happy week to you also :)

      Delete
  5. What wonderful close-ups Denise and thanks for showing your backyard visitors, which I do miss seeing as we don’t see quite the variety outside out apt windows. We got mostly gulls and Canada geese with occasional mallards on the river below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorothy, you are very welcome :) I am happy you enjoyed these birds.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Agnieszka :) best regards to you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your feeder attracts a good variety of birds. Awesome photos of your bird friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I am lucky to have such nice backyard visitors :)

      Delete
  8. I always love to see what your cams capture, birds and squirrels. so beautiful and I am so glad you did the post on pixabay because I totally forgot about it. now I am going to go through my favoites and see what else I have forgotten. I find new things and paly for hours and days and weeks and then move to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra and I am happy I reminded you about pixabay, and I'm always glad that you steered me there in the first place, so thanks for that also :)

      Delete
  9. Good afternoon, how are you? I'm Brazilian and I'm looking for new followers for my blog. I can follow you too. https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

    If you follow me, send the link to my blog and I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Sr. Gomes, muito obrigado pelo seu comentário. Gostei da minha visita ao seu blog.

      Delete
  10. Boa tarde minha querida amiga. Estou seguindo o seu blog. Uma ótima terça-feira.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigado por seguir meu blog. Desejo-lhe também uma ótima terça-feira :)

      Delete
  11. You are certainly being entertained by the birds and the squirrels. Lovely photos of all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they always are very entertaining :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely birds to photograph! Have a great week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, thank you and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Denise,
    Wonderful series of bird images, so enjoyable to be at home and seeing so many birds, always fond of the Northern Cardinal.
    You both stay safe
    All my best wishes,
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, we see more birds in our garden at times than we do when we go to the woods. Perhaps it's because we need more expert advice on what to search for. A decent pair of binoculars for a start. You stay safe too and all the best wishes from me :)

      Delete
  14. Of course, I LOVE all your birds (that may be a female goldfinch, being a bit more drab in color. Not sure tho. I'll have to check my bird books, lol) And following Sandra I hafta say, I don't recall the software online, but will definitely check it out...thanks). I have used Paint Shop Pro for decades, love it and it's user-friendly setup).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anni, so glad :) Thank you for letting me know that may be a female goldfinch, I appreciate that. I need all the help I can get. I agree about Paint Shop Pro. I have also been using it for as long and have so much fun with it.

      Delete
  15. Ps...I forgot. This coming Saturday April 18th?)...(around noon, Texas time...CST, stop by I'd Rather B Birdin and add your link to this post for other birders.

    http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite Anni, I have put myself a reminder and will be over :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for adding this post link today. Great addition to I'd Rather B Birdin this week! Glad you decided to share.

      Delete
    3. Hi Anni, I enjoyed joining in. Thank you and when I get another decent bird photo, or find one in my archives, I will join in again.

      Delete
  16. Your photos so lightened my heart! Thank you, D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me very happy Cloudia, and you are very welcome :)

      Delete
  17. It's lovely to view your beautiful birds, Denise. Your photos are exquisite. You have a great eye, my friend. You are wise to trim the highways to your roof. As sweet as squirrels can be, they are quite the stinkers on homes. Don't ask me how I know! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy you like them Martha Ellen, thank you so much! I can guess but I won't ask, Lol!

      Delete
  18. Love your picture you created and also your birds - they're pretty little ones Denise :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, the picture came from Pixabay and I didn't change a thing. My signature is the one I usually play with :) xx

      Delete
  19. Fun graphics and beautiful birds you captured. I need to coax the birds to come closer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, they can be a little skittish too our little visitors :)

      Delete
  20. I love your pretty Finches and it's hard to get such good photos of the woodpeckers! Glad are joined in this week! Stay safe and healthy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful photos! Our squirrels like to eat the birdseed right along side the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, that would be a nice sight to see :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!