Thursday, August 6, 2020

FLOWERS AND ANSWERS, AND A QUOTE

Here are the answers to yesterday’s questions.  I will have a trivia post each month, at least until I get through the old book I found.  That will take us right through to the end of the year at least. 


1.  The Quarrymen included the nucleus of what well-known rock band?
Answer: John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison were all members of The Quarrymen.  Ringo Starr joined much later, after they had become The Beatles.

2.  What were The Who called before they were The Who?
Answer: The High Number, who released one record, "I'm the Face."  If you go here you can view a YouTube of this part of their career.  The video lasts just over seven minutes.

3.  Which member of The Grateful Dead inspired an ice cream flavor?
Answer: Cherry Garcia is a flavor of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (and frozen yogurt) named after the lead singer of the Grateful Dead, the late Jerry Garcia.

4.  What is the name of the only Broadway show tune recorded by The Beatles?
Answer: "'Til There Was You" from Meredith Wilson's "The Music Man".

5.  What recording company released the first recordings of Elvis Presley
Answer:  Sun Records, Sam Phillips's Little Memphis Music Company, pressed the first Elvis Presley records in 1954.  "That's All Right Mama" was on the hit side.





31 comments:

  1. Yikes, I had only gotten two right! But it was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Ginny, I didn't know all the answers but had fun trying :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice questions and answers! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Fineartandyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jyoti, welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting. You have a great day also :)

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful rose and a good quote. The quiz was interesting. Thanks for the questions and answers. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, you are very welcome and so glad you enjoyed the quiz :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful rose.
    I am woeful at trivia - particularly musical trivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC, you and I are alike in this musical area :)

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    Pretty rose and lovely quote. I had to hit myself on the head with the Jerry Garcia answer, I knew that! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, that happens to me all the time :) You take care and have a great day also.

      Delete
  6. Now that I see the answer is Sun Records I do remember hearing that before but not before you wrote it! And of course I know who the Beatles are but did not know that their name was that before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I knew that about the Beatles probably because I came from across the pond originally. I learned something new for most of them :)

      Delete
  7. Dziękuję Ci! Cieszę się, że ci się podobało :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I think you did great Margaret, and thanks for joining in. You take care also.

      Delete
  9. I should have looked yesterday, my husband would have been able to answer all of those bit not me!! Keep safe and enjoy the rest of the week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane, thanks for taking a look. I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Denise,
    Thank you for this, really enjoyed getting involved, I think the school report would say " could do better boy", again great fun
    stay safe
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, glad you enjoyed it. My report also I believe. You stay safe also :)

      Delete
  11. I knew Cherry Garcia but that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I will admit to failing to see the pop quiz ? In the earlier post, Denise, I found that I would have been able to get all, except the Who ? Thanks for a memory jogger and a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in Dorothy. I have found it a lot of fun reading through my old quiz book, knowing some of the answers, trying to guess at others and more importantly learning. Each question sends me on a search for more information which I always enjoy :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!